Windows 10: Hardrive issues

Discus and support Hardrive issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently been downloading a lot of stuff into my documents and have come to realize that it’s all been saving in my recovery hard drive (d)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjohn24, Feb 14, 2019.

1. bjohn24 Win User

Hardrive issues

I have recently been downloading a lot of stuff into my documents and have come to realize that it’s all been saving in my recovery hard drive (d) instead of my other hard drive windows (c)that has a whole lot of room in it to store things so I went online and follow the steps to transfer my documents folder into my CE hard drive and it said “can’t redirect a child into a parent. The specified path is invalid.” What does this mean and how do I correct it so I can switch my documents folder over to my hard drive that has 852 GB in it instead of in my recovery hard drive that only has 15 GB Btw i have windows 10 can anyone please help?

:)

bjohn24, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Hardrive issues

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Hardrive issues

1. Hardrive issues - Similar Threads - Hardrive issues

2. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  3. Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my hardrive is not installing it keeps taking me to BIOS settings but it's saying drive...: Cecilie Muvangua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-hardrive-is-not-installing-it-keeps-taking/df6f31c5-ffc6-43c0-a904-0f1c95fa2cf9
  4. Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive

Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive: I factory reset my computer however it still has the windows profile and gives an error message whenever I try to login. I tried to go around this by booting windows up via usb however whenever I try to setup windows it says it’s incompatible with my hardrives despite the...
  5. Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive: I factory reset my computer however it still has the windows profile and gives an error message whenever I try to login. I tried to go around this by booting windows up via usb however whenever I try to setup windows it says it’s incompatible with my hardrives despite the...
  6. Usb windows boot not compatible with hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back: Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-clean-the-hardrive-and-give-me-my/11f3012d-ae47-4e9b-9d64-1f72880c291e
  8. Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back

Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back: Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-clean-the-hardrive-and-give-me-my/11f3012d-ae47-4e9b-9d64-1f72880c291e
  9. Download to hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download to hardrive: Hi everyone! So I have this PC and I mainly got it to play games and it is a gaming computer passed down. So I tried downloading epic games for Fortnite and the epic games launcher downloaded but had no room for Fortnite. So I bought and external hard drive and it shows up on...
  10. Download to hardrive

Download to hardrive: Hi everyone! So I have this PC and I mainly got it to play games and it is a gaming computer passed down. So I tried downloading epic games for Fortnite and the epic games launcher downloaded but had no room for Fortnite. So I bought and external hard drive and it shows up on...