Windows 10: Hardware-accelerated 2D apps rendering issue while restore/maximize

Discus and support Hardware-accelerated 2D apps rendering issue while restore/maximize in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello! Starting with Preview builds and continuing to 10240, I have a strange problem of 2D graphics rendering. I use Visual Studio 2015, that is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sersel, Aug 13, 2015.

1. sersel Win User

Hardware-accelerated 2D apps rendering issue while restore/maximize

Hello!

Starting with Preview builds and continuing to 10240, I have a strange problem of 2D graphics rendering. I use Visual Studio 2015, that is a great example of the issue. When I switch between Maximized and Normal window states, usually (~50%) I end up with something like this:

Hardware-accelerated 2D apps rendering issue while restore/maximize [​IMG]

The same can be found with custom WPF applications:

Mouse events (hover, click) over the blank/unfinished areas force those particular regions (panels, buttons) to redraw.

When I disable "hardware graphics acceleration" in Visual Studio, its rendering becomes correct even without program restart.

The problem appears on both external (HDMI connected) and internal displays (including HDMI cable disconnected).

I have DELL Inspiron 7348 laptop with Intel Core i7 5500U CPU and HD Graphics 5500.
    Although the system is installed from scratch, I have installed all the manufacturer provided drivers.

Yesterday I've run Dell's hardware diagnostics utilities. It tested the video card for about half an hour with different scenarios, like shaders visualization, some kind of transformations, stress tests and so on. The picture was always correct, and the tool has diagnosed no errors.

Windows logs does also contain no graphics-dedicated errors.

Could you give me any checkup/audit/diagnose suggestions?

:)

sersel, Aug 13, 2015
  2. blitzkid Win User

Which is better Nokia C5-03 or 500?

A GPU helps you render 2D and 3D games smoothly in your phone. It is like graphics card on a computer... When you have a GPU, it enables better rendering of high end games in your phone... A Nokia 500 has a 2D GPU with HW accelerated Open VG1.1 support...
    So as chanchan says Nokia 500 is way better than a C5-03...

blitzkid, Aug 13, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    graphic accelerator !!!!

There's nothing you can do as a phone user to make games run faster/smoother. The developers might be able to optimize their code better for that particular device/hardware, so at most, you can complain to the developers of such apps/games.

The Nokia 500 does have "2D Graphics HW Accelerator with OpenVG 1.1 support", but as mentioned, no 3D hardware acceleration is mentioned in the device specs:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/500/

So, any 3D graphics (e.g., using OpenGL ES) is going to be done with a software rendering library, and there the processor speed, memory speed, and memory interface (bus) are limiting factors, as well as the quality/performance of the software libary, and
    how the developer is doing things.

petrib, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Go to the Intel website and run the Intel Driver Update utility. Intel may have newer video drivers for your embedded video than what's on the Dell site.

Antilope, Aug 13, 2015
  5. sersel Win User
    Thank you for the response!

I updated my Intel HD Graphics driver from 10.18.15.4240 (from DELL) to 10.18.15.4256 (from Intel).
    And it actually solved the problem. Pretty simple yet straightforward! *Huh

sersel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware-accelerated 2D apps rendering issue while restore/maximize - Similar Threads - Hardware accelerated apps

2. Acceleration Hardware issues, screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acceleration Hardware issues, screen goes black: I recently purchased a laptop equipped with the Intel Core i7 13700H processor and Intel Iris Xe Graphics, running on Windows 11. However, whenever I attempt to watch a video in my browser, my laptop crashes. The screen goes black, and after a few minutes, the laptop reboots...
  3. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware acceleration: Is there a way to disable 'graphics acceleration' on a device that does not support disabling graphics acceleration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-acceleration/959ef308-0468-468e-b94e-c5b89cde64c4
  4. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware acceleration: Is there a way to disable 'graphics acceleration' on a device that does not support disabling graphics acceleration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-acceleration/959ef308-0468-468e-b94e-c5b89cde64c4
  5. Hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware acceleration: Hi There . How do I enable Hardware acceleration? I am getting this message : '' Hardware acceleration is unsupported or has been disabled on your graphics card.'' Thanks...
  6. accelerate hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accelerate hardware?: I am unable to finish any instructions on how to accelerate hardware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accelerate-hardware/241d0be8-bb95-4912-8ec4-350278ac49d5
  7. Hardware Acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Acceleration: I'm trying to turn off hardware acceleration on my PC. I have already turned it off for specific apps such as chrome and Discord. I'm wondering how do I turn it off from my PC in general? I have searched all over the internet but none are helping....
  8. Hardware acceleration issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware acceleration issue: Hardware acceleration doesn't seem to work on my pc for some reason. I am scratching my head on this one. I have scoured the internet and I have yet to find the right solution.. I am running windows 10 pro on a custom built pc with a ryzen 5 2600 currently running stock with...
  9. Disable hardware acceleration on apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable hardware acceleration on apps: I'd like to know how to disable hardware acceleration on apps like Sticky Notes & Calculator on Windows 10. I currently have hardware acceleration disabled in my browser and other software that don't require it. With Sticky Notes that often stay open for days it causes my...
  10. Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.: I was going through some of the settings on my new laptop and I was clicking through Google Chrome. Under settings, Advanced Settings, System......... It has two boxes. Continue running background apps and Use hardware acceleration. What is the benefit...