Windows 10: Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD

Discus and support Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I seem to be getting BSOD when using Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON. My configuration is: OS: Windows 10 2004 (build 19041.388)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by zapcity, Aug 11, 2020.

1. zapcity Win User

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD

Hi, I seem to be getting BSOD when using Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON.

My configuration is:
    • Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard with Intel HD graphics 4000
    • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
    Windows features enabled:
    • Virtual machine platform
    • windows hypervisor platform
    • windows sandbox
    • windows subsystem for linux
    I have one monitor (monitor1) connected to the GTX 1080 card, and the other (monitor2) to my integrated graphics on my motherboard. I have WSL2 and Docker running fine on my PC, so interoperability with Hyper-V is working well.

I have noticed that when I set Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, my PC has a BDOD whenever I place specific applications (like Remote Desktop Connection) within monitor2 which is using Intel HD graphics 4000. I also noticed I get a lot of HAXM errors in my event viewer e.g. HAXM can't work on system without VT support . I'm guessing my problems are a result of HAXM not being compatible with Hyper-V, so that when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, it is trying to use HAXM for GPU acceleration on monitor2 (using Intel HD graphics 4000), which then results in a BSOD? The BSOD error reports a problem with dxgmms1.sys.

I have ordered some DisplayPort cables so that both monitors will run from the GPU, and will disable integrated graphics to avoid problems like this in the future.

Thanks for any insight.

:)

zapcity, Aug 11, 2020
  2. zapcity Win User

Hi, I seem to be getting BSOD when using Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON.

My configuration is:
    • Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard with Intel HD graphics 4000
    • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
    Windows features enabled:
    • Virtual machine platform
    • windows hypervisor platform
    • windows sandbox
    • windows subsystem for linux
    I have one monitor (monitor1) connected to the GTX 1080 card, and the other (monitor2) to my integrated graphics on my motherboard. I have WSL2 and Docker running fine on my PC, so interoperability with Hyper-V is working well.

I have noticed that when I set Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, my PC has a BDOD whenever I place specific applications (like Remote Desktop Connection) within monitor2 which is using Intel HD graphics 4000. I also noticed I get a lot of HAXM errors in my event viewer e.g. HAXM can't work on system without VT support . I'm guessing my problems are a result of HAXM not being compatible with Hyper-V, so that when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling = ON, it is trying to use HAXM for GPU acceleration on monitor2 (using Intel HD graphics 4000), which then results in a BSOD? The BSOD error reports a problem with dxgmms1.sys.

I have ordered some DisplayPort cables so that both monitors will run from the GPU, and will disable integrated graphics to avoid problems like this in the future.

Thanks for any insight.

zapcity, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Mumbai Win User
    is hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling really worth?

I have a Turing GPU,Intel 10th gen CPU, and Windows 10 1803 version. I am wondering is it worth to upgrade windows to latest version, and turn on hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling? Will it improve my fps of games? if so of which games? new or old games? if so by how much? has anyone tested gaming performance after turning on hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling fairly recently?

Mumbai, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD

Harware accelerated GPU

hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling , where is it? The graphics card is Nvidia MX110 and driver is 451.48. Any Solutions. Version 2004.

ALEXY PULIVELIL, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling causing BSOD - Similar Threads - Hardware accelerated GPU

2. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  3. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing: Hi,I've upgraded my graphics card to an Amd rx 6650 xt today.Which supports hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling in windows,but I didn't find it in System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics SettingsI have installed the latest drivers already, and have run windows...
  4. hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling not showing up: i have windows version 2004 and latest nvidia drivers installed but option isnt showing up please help me submitted by /u/nika105 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/imyu0s/hardwareaccelerated_gpu_scheduling_not_showing_up/
  5. is hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling really worth?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    is hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling really worth?: I have a turning GPU,Intel 10th gen CPU, and Windows 10 1803 version. I am wondering is it worth to upgrade windows to latest version, and turn on hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling? Will it improve my fps of games? if so of which games? new or old games? if so by how much?...
  6. Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found

Hardware - Accelerated GPU Scheduling not found: submitted by /u/Rujularora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpcm8d/hardware_accelerated_gpu_scheduling_not_found/
  7. Turning on hardware accelerated gpu scheduling causes streaming to stutter while gaming in...

Turning on hardware accelerated gpu scheduling causes streaming to stutter while gaming in...: Got the Windows 2004 update and the newest Nvidia drivers. Is anyone else getting this issue? I used to be able to play games and stream at the same time without any issues, but once I turned on hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, I started getting stutters on youtube while...
  8. No hardware acceleration GPU scheduling setting available

No hardware acceleration GPU scheduling setting available: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/veu58j4us9751.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=e7c9cc49b835acfad6b06bff610f9854192ca652 submitted by /u/minhduc66532 [link] [comments]...
  9. Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling

Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling: Hello, I understand that Nvidia supports the titled feature with their new driver released yesterday. Is the ability to activate this feature tied to the 2004 Windows 10 update? My system apparently is still not ready for 2004, and I do not have the toggle for...
  10. No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option

No “Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduling” option: I am on windows 2004 which I had to upgrade through the update tool, and there seems to be no issues. But, I heard the feature I mentioned above was in the graphics settings and could help improve performance, but I don’t see it. I only get the option to set like high...