Windows 10: Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic

Discus and support Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, For the past week, I've been getting this pop up when I want to make a Messenger video call. Been using this for over a year without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MCLessard, Oct 31, 2018.

1. MCLessard Win User

Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic

Hello,

For the past week, I've been getting this pop up when I want to make a Messenger video call. Been using this for over a year without a glitch. Both camera and mic work fine with Skype and Zoom but not with Messenger. Checked all settings in FB and Google Chrome to make sure mic and webcam are 'allowed'. Tried a couple of troubleshooting YouTube vids. Even did a whole recovery process, going through the pain of reinstalling apps...ugh..., with no results. The only thing I remember that may - or may not- be related is that I connected my laptop (where I use Messenger) to my Samsung bluetooth speaker. After that, Messenger video calls went kapout!!! Please HEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Thank you!

MC

Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic 45100772_2087416547977460_177056590803763200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.jpg

:)

MCLessard, Oct 31, 2018

2. Error: 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3EA2), while trying to access the WebCam on Windows 10

Hi Jerote,

As you are facing issues with accessing the webcam on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on WebCam in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand WebCam drives under
      Imaging devices
      , right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue is with the Camera app,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 31, 2018
  3. webcam and mic problem

Hello,

It is possible that the drivers on your computer is outdated that causes problems to detect the devices. For us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

For the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the articles below on how to troubleshoot problems with your webcam:

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 31, 2018
  4. smith Win User

mic/camera Cortana

The best solution I suggest is totally remove mic and webcam drivers...Then head to official website and get the latest ones..

smith, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic - Similar Threads - Hardware Access Error

2. Webcam Mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Mic not working: Hey guys, I have a problem with my Webcam which iam using as a Mic and its kinda broken :/ My Windows is a Custom Version I made with Ntlite (newest build)... but it worked before installing EQ APO ! ) The video function works in Discord and everywhere else, but not the...
  3. Webcam and mic failing silently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam and mic failing silently: Just installed windows 10 (well, server 2019) on a desktop computer. Working from home on my mackbook air is not good ergonomics. Had to join some web chats using jitsi and microsoft teams. Spent a solid hour worrying that my webcam and headset mic seem not to be working,...
  4. Access to the webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  5. How to access ALL my mics while using webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to access ALL my mics while using webcam: So I am a guitar player with audio setup. I have a Behringer UMC1820 interface I am using. I like to talk to my friends through webcam (due to corona). And I am teaching them how to play. but only INPUT 1 is only active but the rest of other inputs are not active. I want to...
  6. Access to mic is missing in Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to mic is missing in Messenger: I get a message "Please Allow Microphone Access" in my Messenger app. I tried to adjust it in the settings but can't. I tried to reset the Messenger but it didn’t help...
  7. Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...

Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...: I use the Asus Zenbook 14 laptop. Once I try to make/answer a call on Messenger or access the websites which require a camera, the hardware access error appears. I have enabled all the camera and microphone settings on my laptop and both the browsers Google Chrome and...
  8. Webcam not connecting to messenger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not connecting to messenger: Split from this thread. I have a built in webcam, an it is not connecting to messenger to video chat. it says my camera is not found. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-not-connecting-to-messenger/e5fe4421-b496-44d8-887b-15ffe4bb53b8
  9. Hardware Access Error when using Facebook Messenger in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware Access Error when using Facebook Messenger in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Having hardware support capabilities like a camera and microphone in your Windows 10 lets you make Skype video calls, record videos, and do more. Many third-party apps like Facebook Messenger and other services require access to the camera or microphone [...]...
  10. webcam and mic

webcam and mic: how to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-and-mic/bed538b8-ab30-4e98-b67c-a2f4280e9f6c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware access error

2. hardware access error for messenger

3. hardware access error microphone

4. hardware access error facebook,
  5. hardware access error windows 10,
  6. hardware access error facebook messenger,
  7. hardware access,
  8. hardware access error with my webcam,
  9. messenger hardware acess error,
  10. Hardware Access Error.,
  11. hardware access error facebook messenger chrome windows 10,