Windows 10: Hardware access error when trying to make a facebook video call

Discus and support Hardware access error when trying to make a facebook video call in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windows 10 and Google Chrome as my default browser. I am not able to make video calls on facebook on Chrome but I am able to do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by juburju, Mar 9, 2019.

1. juburju Win User

Hardware access error when trying to make a facebook video call

Hello,

I am using windows 10 and Google Chrome as my default browser.

I am not able to make video calls on facebook on Chrome but I am able to do so on Microsoft Edge.

I am able to use Skype or another video call website like appear.in in chrome, and that also works fine.

I have checked Chrome's privacy settings and the camera access is allowed.

I checked the camera settings on Windows 10, access is allowed for apps, and I can see a list of apps that I can control, but Chrome is not listed here and I don't have an option to add it.

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now, but it just doesn't work, I'd be glad if there is any solution to this.

Thanks

:)

juburju, Mar 9, 2019

2. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message.
    Code:
    An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine. Now I have that error in all my browsers. And it's activated. Have verified privacy settings to allow both of them.

bbuchler2018, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Video on Facebook Watch

Hello Paul,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error message when playing the said videos on Facebook Watch?
    • Just to make sure, how do you access Facebook? Was it via app or browser?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Fred22 Win User

Error messages while posting videos on Facebook

Hardware access error when trying to make a facebook video call [​IMG]
    Check this out, Ken. It says I have no devices listed, but no option for listing that I can see. Do you know what I need to do from here?

Fred22, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Hardware access error when trying to make a facebook video call - Similar Threads - Hardware access error

2. Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...: Making mailing labels using ACCESS......Doing it as I always do. When previewing the label, I get "error" in stead of names, and "error" instead of city/state. How to eliminate this issue? Then I get a message about parameters, and the word TRIM. I have no idea what/where to...
  3. Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to make mailing labels in ACCESS --when trying to print error message on name and...: Making mailing labels using ACCESS......Doing it as I always do. When previewing the label, I get "error" in stead of names, and "error" instead of city/state. How to eliminate this issue? Then I get a message about parameters, and the word TRIM. I have no idea what/where to...
  4. Video call microphone access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video call microphone access: I accidentally hit some feature which has now deactivated my microphone on Zoom and both the camera and mic on Messenger. I have spent some time in settings looking how to undo what I've done, but haven't been able to find the fix. Help! A major part of my social connection...
  5. facebook messenger video calling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    facebook messenger video calling: If I try to use fb messenger video call I get this message -! But microphone is turned on, and access allowed for messengers? An error occurred while trying to get access to the microphone: Access to media devices has been denied....
  6. Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger Voice and Video calls not working with on new Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Facebook quietly upgraded its Messenger app for Windows 10 with the ability to make voice and video calls. The feature worked with all major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. However, many users report the Facebook Messenger...
  7. Hardware Access Error when using Facebook Messenger in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware Access Error when using Facebook Messenger in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Having hardware support capabilities like a camera and microphone in your Windows 10 lets you make Skype video calls, record videos, and do more. Many third-party apps like Facebook Messenger and other services require access to the camera or microphone [...]...
  8. video on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  9. Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces new Portal video calling devices: What if you could easily connect with your closest friends and family and feel like you’re in the same room — even when you’re miles apart? Today, we’re excited to announce Portal and Portal+, two new video communication devices for the home that dramatically change the way...
  10. Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Facebook Messenger on my laptop, can't video call.: Whenever I press the video call button, a notification appears which says "Turn On Camera. In your device settings make sure Messenger is allowed to use your camera." and has only two options "Cancel" and "Open Settings". I went to Camera Privacy Settings and Messenger was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error occurred when trying to get access

2. hardware access error facebook

3. Hardware Access Error.

4. hardware access error,
  5. hardware access error for messenger