Windows 10: Hardware Access Error with microphone

Discus and support Hardware Access Error with microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently go a HP Spectre laptop and can not make any video calls on facebook messenger, zoom and google hangouts. I have accessed the privacy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrittanyGL, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Hardware Access Error with microphone

I recently go a HP Spectre laptop and can not make any video calls on facebook messenger, zoom and google hangouts.

I have accessed the privacy settings on the websites and with chrome as well as Microsoft edge to allow both camera and microphone. Everything is turned on for access, but still having issues.

I have contacted HP support and they were of no use.

I have checked for any Microsoft updates and applied them, no success.

My brother in law works in cyber security and helped me look through my laptop for any issues under device manager by uninstalling the camera and microphone.

I have read through a few forums and I've noticed a few mentioning this has been an issues the last few updates and this issue is potentially a bug in the updates.

I am at a loss and need some help!

:)

BrittanyGL, Apr 5, 2020

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Speedlink starlet microphones

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the Microphone is working properly with any other device?

• Do you receive any error message, when trying to use Microphone?
    I suggest you try running hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the
      Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under
      Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Hardware Access Error with microphone

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Hardware Access Error with microphone

1. Hardware Access Error with microphone - Similar Threads - Hardware Access Error

2. Stuck with no microphone access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck with no microphone access: Ever since I got a new headset, Windows has never tried to recognize my headset's microphone, which, no matter what I try to do, I can't fix it. Can someone please help me find the solution? I've been trying to fix this for very a long time. Thank you....
  3. Accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing graphics hardware: I'm trying to run GTA IV on my windows 10 laptop but I'm getting a notification that application GTA IV.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. What should I do now?...
  4. Accessing graphics hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing graphics hardware: I'm trying to run GTA IV on my windows 10 laptop but I'm getting a notification that application GTA IV.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. What should I do now?...
  5. camera and microphone access

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera and microphone access: hi, i am having trouble in making video calls in facebook messenger using chrome and the app itself in my laptop windows 10 i have already checked my settings and everything related to chrome and messenger app. i have seen that the cam and mic settings were on already. in...
  6. cant access microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant access microphone: so after the latest windows update i noted that my microphone didnt work. i tried following guides on how to fix it. but my problem is that i cannot access the microphone properties in the control pannel. i can open headphones, but as soon as i open the mic one it stops...
  7. Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...

Hardware Access Error trying to access the camera and microphone on Messenger and other...: I use the Asus Zenbook 14 laptop. Once I try to make/answer a call on Messenger or access the websites which require a camera, the hardware access error appears. I have enabled all the camera and microphone settings on my laptop and both the browsers Google Chrome and...
  8. Microphone access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone access: So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps. If i disable the microphone in privacy settings it just doesnt work in any app whatsoever so im basically forced to "allow access to the microphone on this device" if i...
  9. Accessing the microphone

Accessing the microphone: I know there is a list of apps that can access the microphone. However there are two programs that I WANT to be able to access the mic, but they are not on the list and I cannot find a way to add them. They both access the camera fine, but do not access the mic. I can only...
  10. Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic

Hardware Access Error - Messenger - Webcam and Mic: Hello, For the past week, I've been getting this pop up when I want to make a Messenger video call. Been using this for over a year without a glitch. Both camera and mic work fine with Skype and Zoom but not with Messenger. Checked all settings in FB and Google Chrome to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware access error microphone

2. hardware access error facebook messenger