Windows 10: Hardware and devices missing

Discus and support Hardware and devices missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I too have missed the 'Hardware and devices " troubleshooter to correct an issue in windows. Unless I insert my camera chip in the reader prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andapanda, Jun 3, 2019.

1. andapanda Win User

Hardware and devices missing

I too have missed the 'Hardware and devices " troubleshooter to correct an issue in windows. Unless I insert my camera chip in the reader prior to booting, my computer will not recognize the card reader. Running the troubleshooter allowed it to be "found"in version 1803, but not in the current version 1809. I have tried every other troubleshooter and none of them describes or helps. In the older version if I run the troubleshooter it finds the card reader and allows access, but upon rebooting the same issue exists. If I let the troubleshooter do the recommended action (install drivers during a restart) it still would not correct the issue of the computer not recognizing a card was inserted into the reader.

Are there any fixes?

:)

andapanda, Jun 3, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    WIFI adapter is missing in Device Manager in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshoot.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps. As the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
      • Click on Device Manager.
      • Click on View.
      • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
      • Search for the Wi-Fi driver.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

missing camcorder imaging device "drivers"

It looks like the manufacturer of the device you're trying to install didn't release drivers to Windows 10.

As a workaround, we suggest that you contact your manufacturer and ask for the legacy drivers of the device for Windows 7. Once you have the file of the drivers, right-click on it and choose
    Extract. Once done, add it as a legacy driver. To do so, see the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager > Action > Add legacy hardware. Follow the virtual steps to add a hardware.
    • Once done, it will show you the common hardware types; then, choose IEEE 1394 host controllers.
    • After choosing IEEE 1394 host controllers, it will show you the page to select the manufacturer and model of your hardware.
    • To choose for the legacy driver you've extracted, click Have Disk >
      Browse. Now it will show you the window to locate the file.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions above.

John Sarc, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Hardware and devices missing - Similar Threads - Hardware devices missing

2. Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing: After fully changing the hardware of my PC, windows 11 is not activated. l logged in with my Microsoft Account on the machine and tired to troubleshoot it, l tried using the "l changed hardware on this device recently" but in the list of device l can't see my new device even...
  3. Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reactivation After Hardware Change device missing: After fully changing the hardware of my PC, windows 11 is not activated. l logged in with my Microsoft Account on the machine and tired to troubleshoot it, l tried using the "l changed hardware on this device recently" but in the list of device l can't see my new device even...
  4. configure this device is missing from Hardware and Sound troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    configure this device is missing from Hardware and Sound troubleshooting: As the 1809 update came, it's clear that the separation done from Hardware and device troubleshooting option, but im facing a new problem, in troubleshooting>Hardware and Sound>configure this device is missing. I checked the other path Setting>Update and...
  5. Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan for Hardware Changes Missing on Device Manager: I have four different PCs - Windows 10 Pro, updated to the most recent updates - that are missing Scan for Hardware Changes in Device Manager. The four are of completely different hardware configurations. In the past, I have been able to open Device Manager - Go to the...
  6. A2A: Hardware and devices troubleshooter missing in windows 10

A2A: Hardware and devices troubleshooter missing in windows 10: This question has been asked before but the thread's been locked for some reason without any conclusive answer from the Microsoft community, but I found a helpful article solving the issue:...
  7. Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will show you how to access and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, which seems to have been deprecated from Windows 10. Technically, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter hasn’t been removed entirely from the Windows 10 [...]...
  8. "Hardware and Devices" missing from Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Hardware and Devices" missing from Troubleshooter!: Hello guys, Last week I updated my Windows 10 Home to version 1809. After that, when I checked the Troubleshooter, Hardware and Devices (which was an option in previous Windows versions) seem to be missing! [ATTACH] Is this a bug? Or is there a new option?...
  9. hardware and devices

hardware and devices: hardware and devices are not present anywhere in my laptop see this screenshot [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] not present in setting>update and security and controlpanel> troubleshooting >view all not have anywhere hardware and devices are missing in my...
  10. HID-Touchscreen and Hardware and Devices troubleshooter missing

HID-Touchscreen and Hardware and Devices troubleshooter missing: Hi! So I have a problem. I not only do not have the HID - Touch Screen driver, but my computer also lacks a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. I have extensively go through other forums, but I cannot seem to fix this issue. This all started when my touchscreen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hardware and devices missing

2. hardware and device

3. missing ieee1394 host controllers in windows 10 device manager

4. hardware and device missing,
  5. imaging devices missing from device manager 2019,
  6. hardware devices troubleshooter windows 10,
  7. hardware and device troubleshooter,
  8. add legacy hardware bluescreen