Windows 10: hardware and devices

Discus and support hardware and devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hardware and devices option are missing from troubleshooting option in control panel please see this screenshot [ATTACH] how to fix please help... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KaranGill1, Mar 21, 2019.

1. hardware and devices

hardware and devices option are missing from troubleshooting option in control panel

please see this screenshot

hardware and devices 45fcdb09-1056-41a6-93d0-282336f2fe0e?upload=true.jpg

how to fix

please help

:)

KaranGill1, Mar 21, 2019

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 21, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

hardware and devices What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

hardware and devices

unknown USB device

Hi Ali,

To better assist you, kindly provide some more information regarding the issue:

• When did the issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check if there are any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for any updates regarding this matter.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

hardware and devices

1. hardware and devices - Similar Threads - hardware devices

2. Activating Windows 10 after hardware change - but with no devices linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 after hardware change - but with no devices linked to MS account: Hello, After exchanging my Motherboard, I have to re-activate my Windows 10. Now, initially I did not know that I had to go into the settings and link my former device from my MS account. I had already 8 different PCs linked (no clue where they were all coming from...),...
  3. device driver for ROOT\SYSTEM\0001 in windows 10- (hardware id) root\LogiGamePanelVirtualBus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device driver for ROOT\SYSTEM\0001 in windows 10- (hardware id) root\LogiGamePanelVirtualBus: So like I went to device manager and found an unknown device and looked at the details which stated ROOT\SYSTEM\0001, and so I want to know why is it unknown and what is it?...
  4. External hard disk won't initialize, showing size as 0.00kb and fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard disk won't initialize, showing size as 0.00kb and fatal device hardware error: My hard disk on my laptop wasn't being recognized, so i pulled it out of my laptop(lenovo legion y730) and connected it to another laptop (Microsoft Surface Book). It wasn't responding so i had to clean it and create partition using the cmd diskpart commands. After doing that...
  5. I recently changed hardware on this device. (I only added an Intel network adaptor)

I recently changed hardware on this device. (I only added an Intel network adaptor): Hello. My onboard Ethernet controller just died. I added an Intel NIC, and told Windows to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. I disabled the old onboard Killer NIC. Now I'm unable to activate. I have 2 digital Windows 10 versions tied to my account. It says 1/10 licences used. I...
  6. can't find troubleshooting->hardware and devices in win10 may2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't find troubleshooting->hardware and devices in win10 may2019: Hello! I have a problem with app FIFA 18 from EA Sports. Guys from tech said me to use troubleshooting->hardware and devices. But I dont have that category(...
  7. Re-Activating WIndows 10 after Hardware Change - tool can't find the device I'm using

Re-Activating WIndows 10 after Hardware Change - tool can't find the device I'm using: I recently updated the motherboard of my PC (which has Windows 10 that I got with the free upgrade from Windows 7). The activation troubleshoot tool took me to where I can select the device I'm trying to update. However, it does not list the device I'm using. My computer is...
  8. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...: all the time when I insert a USB stick get this error. every time I have to go into my computer-device manager- Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host controller 1.0 and Uninstall - Restart Pc ... I tried all the variants found on google .. iI go...
  9. Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to run hardware and devices troubleshooter but gives me this error? Windows 10: Package ID: DeviceDiagnostic Path: C:\WINDOWS\Diagnostics\Index\DeviceDiagnostic.xml Error code: 0x8000FFFF Source: Page load User: desktop\admin Context: Elevated Error above pops up when I try to run the troublshooter, I have admin rights on my account so I...
  10. Teredo Adapter missing in Device Manager and I can't install via Add Legacy Hardware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo Adapter missing in Device Manager and I can't install via Add Legacy Hardware: Title ^^ I'm trying to plays Gears of War 4 but I can't hear any voice chat or see chat text. I looked into this problem and it is because of the Teredo Adapter is missing or not active. I've went through all the steps in CMD to try to get it running....didn't work. Then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hardware and devices