Windows 10: Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

Discus and support Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having random complete freezes happen on my pc where the computer is entirely frozen - no response to any input. The only way to fix it is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CjTulowiecki, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

I am having random complete freezes happen on my pc where the computer is entirely frozen - no response to any input. The only way to fix it is to long-hold the power button to restart the PC.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with the following hardware:

Intel i5-6500

Asus GTX 1060 6GB

Mushkin Triactor 3D 512 GB SSD

16 GB DDR4-2133 G.skill RAM

Gigabyte H270N-WIFI Mini-ITX Motherboard

I have a suspicion that it's the SSD. I can see the crash in the Windows Reliability History. What files would I need to provide (if any) to help figure out which piece of hardware is the culprit??

Thank you

:)

CjTulowiecki, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 mail app freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Refer the link below.

Note: Please don’t run app troubleshooter in the link. This applies to windows 10 also.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-freezes/f72be4ae-40ae-4726-8b71-1369974c5a81

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 22, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

GPU-Z (driver?) causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock (freeze)

Then sadly, you do not understand the relationship between software, drivers, and hardware.

When you start a system, and the hardware will not fire up, you have a hardware problem, specifically with either the motherboard or your power supply.

Let me repeat that: HARDWARE.

rtwjunkie, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

1. Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze? - Similar Threads - Hardware Causing Freeze

2. Windows updates causing freezes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates causing freezes?: Hello, this is not the first time I have run into this issue with my computer. Basically, my applications will freeze, or stutter for 5 or so seconds, this causes the game to crash sometimes and any audio to cut off. In the past I never knew what caused it and could only...
  3. Windows updates causing freezes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates causing freezes?: Hello, this is not the first time I have run into this issue with my computer. Basically, my applications will freeze, or stutter for 5 or so seconds, this causes the game to crash sometimes and any audio to cut off. In the past I never knew what caused it and could only...
  4. Windows 10 freezes and crashes due to hardware error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes and crashes due to hardware error.: My new Windows 10 system keeps crashing due a hardware error. I receiving the following description. Can anyone advise how to stop this? It occurs often during work Zoom meetings, which is really bad. DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  5. Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causes frequent freezes: I am currently running Windows 10 Home version the latest update of version 20H2. I have been experiencing some problems where my pc would suddenly freeze, most of the running programs would become unresponsive. I am still able to navigate on my pc, such as pressing the start...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown

Windows 10 Freezes, cause unknown: Hello, I have been struggling with constant freezes of my PC for some time now. Since this happens mostly when i am playing some YouTube video i figured it might have to do something with graphics card, however the same card has no problems running demanding games on high...
  7. Headphones causing Windows 10 to freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones causing Windows 10 to freeze: I recently purchased Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 for Business and since using it, I find that the system response slows and the mouse will freeze. When I disconnect it from the PC things go back to normal. Is there a way to correct this or am I just out the $ used for a...
  8. Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes

Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes: After installing the 2004 update, my PC to a hault it seems mostly when alt+tabbing but it could also be 32-bit compatibility. Windows updates really are a disaster Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 16gb DDR4-3200 240 GB Kingston SATA SSD 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD SAPPHIRE RX 570 4GB...
  9. Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan: When ever I go to the control panel/ hardware and sound/ device manager and select "scan for hardware changes" my entire system freezes. Due to this fact it has also prevented me from installing my R9 390X because when its drivers from AMD go to check my installed hardware it...
  10. Wifi is causing Windows 10 to freeze

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi is causing Windows 10 to freeze: My laptop for the past month and a half has been experiencing frequent freezes in which first the window freezes, then the cursor moves slightly and freezes, occasionally letting me move it and inch before the cursor freezes again. Other times, everything I click lags or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu causing windows 10 to freeze in startup