Windows 10: Hardware change, activating windows. Help!

Discus and support Hardware change, activating windows. Help! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone! So I successfully upgraded components of my computer. I have upgraded from Gigabyte AMD motherboard -to- ASRock z370 PRO 4 intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by iDevilsdocry, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hardware change, activating windows. Help!

Hello everyone!

So I successfully upgraded components of my computer.

I have upgraded from Gigabyte AMD motherboard -to- ASRock z370 PRO 4 intel motherboard

I have upgraded from 250GB SSD -to- 500GB SSD

I have upgraded from AMD FX-8350 -to- intel i5 8400 CPU

Now I can't plug-in 250GB SSD in just yet because I have yet to format and remove previous motherboard drivers from it.

I was wondering if its possible to transfer my Windows 10 copy (upgraded from windows 7 at launch) without having to purchase a new CD Key.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any more questions.

:)

iDevilsdocry, Dec 6, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 6, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Hardware change, activating windows. Help!

Need Help Activating Windows 10 After Complete Hardware Change?

Then what help were you looking for? The next to the last link above gave you step by step instructions on how to activate Windows after you change the motherboard.

NavyLCDR, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Hardware change, activating windows. Help!

1. Hardware change, activating windows. Help! - Similar Threads - Hardware change activating

2. Windows Activation and Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation and Hardware Change: I recently swapped my MB, CPU, and RAM from a b450 to a b550 and from an AMD Ryzen 3 to a 5. I bought a prebuilt that came with windows in 2020 from Skytech Gaming it’s the ArchAngel with the GTX 1060 ti and 8 GB of ram. however since I changed it I haven’t been able to...
  3. Windows activation on hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation on hardware change.: recently I had a motherboard change in my HP pavilion 16 laptop, before the hardware change, I had windows 11 activated with digital license, but after the change I installed windows 11 home and trying to activate with the same account but unable to proceed. please help me...
  4. Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help: Hi,Anyone give me any pointers please.I basically upgraded everything except my hard drives. Just in case of issues as I have upgraded before.. I used a command-line thingy to ensure I was using a retail copy of windows 10 I knew I was but just to check!, and then went into...
  5. Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help: Hi,Anyone give me any pointers please.I basically upgraded everything except my hard drives. Just in case of issues as I have upgraded before.. I used a command-line thingy to ensure I was using a retail copy of windows 10 I knew I was but just to check!, and then went into...
  6. Change of Hardware W10 Activation Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hardware change windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware change windows activation: i have changed my hardware and my windows is deactivated and when i try to contanct any customer support all of them resulted in error/lost connectionget help,microsoft web...
  8. Hardware change and Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware change and Windows activation: I have windows 10 pro 2004 My windows says that it is activated with digital license linked to my microsoft account, so,if I change the motherboard of the machine,will the windows still workas an activated windows,or shall I have to buy a new key?...
  9. Hardware changed, need help with activation

Hardware changed, need help with activation: Hello, English is not my native language so I'm sorry if I make some mistakes. I changed hardware today (motherboard, cpu and ram), because I need more fps with my games. Everything worked well, but there is now a text at the bottom right "Activate Windows Go to Settings...
  10. Hardware changes and windows activation

Hardware changes and windows activation: I recently changed a lot of hardware to my computer including the motherboard. There is a watermark in the lower right hand corner saying to Activate Windows. So I went to the activation in settings and used the trouble shooter. I clicked the link on the troubleshooter that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activating windows after changing from intel to amd