Windows 10: hardware change lost upgrade to pro

Discus and support hardware change lost upgrade to pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LorinWidmer, Jan 20, 2022.

1. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly often.

:)

LorinWidmer, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 20, 2022
  3. _rwhite_ Win User
    Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Jan 20, 2022
  4. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Art,

Tell us more what's going on, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any hardware changes on your computer before this issue happened?
    • Have you checked if the DVD Drive is showing up in Device Manager?

We highly suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Ivan Gospodinov that relates to this issue.

In addition, you may also follow this
    link
    for additional steps provided by Auggy.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

hardware change lost upgrade to pro

1. hardware change lost upgrade to pro - Similar Threads - hardware change lost

2. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  3. Lost product key after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost product key after hardware change: I have upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to windows 10 pro using a digital licence 2 years back. But after a hardware failure i had to replace motherboard. Now windows is showing "Activate windows" but i haven't noted down the product key, What is the solution?...
  4. I lost my upgrade to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my upgrade to pro?: I've updated my Windows version to Pro from home inside a Microsoft user, in microsoft store. But i need to restart my laptop and create a local administrator user, can i keep this upgrade or i will lose it?Thank you...
  5. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware change lost upgrade to pro: I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly...
  6. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hardware change lost upgrade to pro: I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly...
  7. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully. Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then reinstalled Windows 10 home. Then i linked my microsoft account and tried to upgrade to pro...it's showing error...
  8. Changed hardware - lost activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed hardware - lost activation key: Hello, Hope someone can assist. My computer suddenly stopped working after running a Windows update. I had isolated the issue to a fried motherboard. Got a new motherboard, cpu, memory etc. Got everything up and running and now I have an issue with needing to activate...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Digital License No Hardware Change: Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 Pro from Home. I purchased the digital license through the Microsoft store. Immediately following the installation windows would not activate. There has been no hardware change and I am getting error code 0x803F7001....
  10. Hardware change during upgrade

Hardware change during upgrade: Hi Over the weekend, I carried out the free upgrade to Windows 10, followed by a clean install. This was on a laptop with the manufacturers OEM licence, and it all worked fine, with Windows 10 being activated correctly after the clean install. I plan on carrying this...