Windows 10: hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do

Discus and support hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; got a new pc windows wont activate thought the email i have it on and they arent answering the phone after trying multiple times. been pc gaming for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pisspants, Mar 19, 2020.

1. pisspants Win User

hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do

got a new pc windows wont activate thought the email i have it on and they arent answering the phone after trying multiple times. been pc gaming for years now and already on my second windows key from the last upgrade, Am i really going to have to buy the stupid system for a third time?

:)

pisspants, Mar 19, 2020

2. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 19, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do - Similar Threads - hardware change activating

2. what is microsoft support phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is microsoft support phone number: What is microsoft support phone number. My windows menu will not pop up. I have tried multiple microsoft support links to resolve the issue and still no resolve. I would like to speak with a technical support representative please.......
  3. what is microsoft support phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is microsoft support phone number: What is microsoft support phone number. My windows menu will not pop up. I have tried multiple microsoft support links to resolve the issue and still no resolve. I would like to speak with a technical support representative please.......
  4. what is microsoft support phone number

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. URGENT: Changed hardware, windows won't activate and nobody answering phone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    URGENT: Changed hardware, windows won't activate and nobody answering phone: Hi there,I am incredibly frustrated, The current customer service number doesn't go through to a person, and the 'get help' says there is an error connecting me whenever I request a call back, so there is absolutely no support.I've just changed my hardware motherboard, CPU...
  6. Microsoft phone support

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft phone support: Has MS discontinued phone suport? If not, how do I access it? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-support/0a625016-8e50-4067-97d8-691cba2a1322
  7. Microsoft Phone Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Phone Support: Did Microsoft phone support go to online only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-support/7e508c48-acc4-4e80-a2d0-4ba20604ca59
  8. windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?

windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?: this is following a replacement motherboard after the older one "bit the dust", i get on to the annoying activate windows. since i upgraded to win 10 from win 7, i thought the digital key was going to make the upgrade smooth... i guess that is not the case. i'd prefer not to...
  9. Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE

Microsoft Activation Support - What an absolute JOKE: So here's my experience over the last 2 days. - Motherboard died and had to be replaced - Tried to Activate Windows but of course that fails expected, so no biggie there - Called support outside of hours midnight here in Australia and was told to call back today during...
  10. Confirmation Customer Support will help Activate on hardware change

in Windows 10 News
    Confirmation Customer Support will help Activate on hardware change: Apologies if someone's already posted this... but I thought it would be good to know what happens if there are significant hardware changes. I do note that the question didn't ask about a motherboard change though. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date