Windows 10: Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro

Discus and support Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed Windows 11 Pro on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra using Parallels and the then moved the Windows 11.pvm file to an external storage device, NVMe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Michael Jacobs, May 7, 2023.

1. Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro

I installed Windows 11 Pro on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra using Parallels and the then moved the Windows 11.pvm file to an external storage device, NVMe Samsung 980 Pro M.2. First I installed Windows on the Mac. Then I dragged over the Windows 11.pvm file to the NVMe and clicked on it. Windows didn't open as it was supposed to, according to the instructions. Instead, it went through another install process on the NVMe. As soon as that happened, I knew it would not reactivate and it didn't. I just purchased Windows today for $217 with tax. I'm hoping to avoid a double purchase. Thank you for your he

:)

David Michael Jacobs, May 7, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 7, 2023
  3. EliseM_456, May 7, 2023
  4. Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro

Can't reactivate windows after a hardware change

Hi,

I didn't specifically follow the steps to prepare my device for a hardware change, I was unaware.

My account does appear to be linked as I see this account that I purchased windows 11 on listed as the administrator.

I have followed the steps for after the hardware change, and with the troubleshooter I get the message 'We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later'.

Again I didn't follow the steps to link the digital license to my account, at least to my knowledge.

UoR Ov3rDose, May 7, 2023
Thema:

Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro

1. Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro - Similar Threads - Hardware Change Reactivate

2. Windows 11 will not reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not reactivate after hardware change: I have a valid product key from windows 7 can I no longer use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-reactivate-after-hardware/a47a4a6a-d531-4fb2-bf64-ae63f567132a
  3. Windows 11 will not reactivate after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not reactivate after hardware change: I have a valid product key from windows 7 can I no longer use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-reactivate-after-hardware/a47a4a6a-d531-4fb2-bf64-ae63f567132a
  4. Windows 11 Pro will not reactivate after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro will not reactivate after a hardware change.: I recently changed motherboard, processor, and RAM, but kept my old SSDs and GPU. As expected, my license was kicked due to the difference in hardware ID, but it is now refusing to reactivate.It is a legitimate digital license purchased from the Microsoft Store on my...
  5. Windows 11 Pro will not reactivate after a hardware change.

Windows 11 Pro will not reactivate after a hardware change.: I recently changed motherboard, processor, and RAM, but kept my old SSDs and GPU. As expected, my license was kicked due to the difference in hardware ID, but it is now refusing to reactivate.It is a legitimate digital license purchased from the Microsoft Store on my...
  6. Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro

Hardware Change: Reactivate Windows 11 Pro: I installed Windows 11 Pro on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra using Parallels and the then moved the Windows 11.pvm file to an external storage device, NVMe Samsung 980 Pro M.2. First I installed Windows on the Mac. Then I dragged over the Windows 11.pvm file to the NVMe and clicked on...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  8. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  9. Hardware Change Reactivation

Hardware Change Reactivation: Hello All, I know there are multiple threads out there for this already but I think this is different, so if y'all know of a place that has the answer, then my apologies... Anyway, I just change out some hardware and when I booted up I got hit with the little watermark...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...