Windows 10: Hardware change: Windows 10 PnP not working, some software won't install and Windows will...

Discus and support Hardware change: Windows 10 PnP not working, some software won't install and Windows will... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently upgraded my CPU and mobo and successfully performed a Windows 10 reactivation on the "new" system. However, I am seeing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vaesive, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Vaesive Win User

Hardware change: Windows 10 PnP not working, some software won't install and Windows will...

Hey all,

I recently upgraded my CPU and mobo and successfully performed a Windows 10 reactivation on the "new" system. However, I am seeing some strangeness since completing the update:

1. Windows will not shut down or restart. It just spins on "Shutting down".
    2. Coming back from screen saver 9/10 it will not show me the log in screen and is locked up. I have to hold the power button to reboot the machine.
    3. Plug and Play just doesn't work for anything. I have to do a full reboot of the system with the device plugged in in order for Windows to detect it. Scan for Device Changes in Device manager never finishes and seems to get locked up.
    4. I've run into a couple pieces of software that will not install. They get to a certain percentage during the install looks like during a driver install for Corsair iCue and driver bit of Oculus and then just hang there.

Things I've tried:

• sfc /scannow - no issues reported
    • DISM /online /Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Cleaned out all old drivers from old system and updated to current and new drivers.
    • Turned off Controlled Folder Access
    • My system used to have a CD-Drive D: but I removed it in the old build and my secondary drive originally E: got switched to D:. I found a couple areas in the registry that I had to update to switch from E: to D: but they were mostly app specific.
    • I've tried disabling Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager but doing so locks up Device Manager.

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do?! I'm losing my mind here...

:)

Vaesive, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Hardware change: Windows 10 PnP not working, some software won't install and Windows will...

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Thema:

1. Hardware change: Windows 10 PnP not working, some software won't install and Windows will... - Similar Threads - Hardware change PnP

2. Endless BSODs Despite Hardware Changes, Software Changes, Windows re-install....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endless BSODs Despite Hardware Changes, Software Changes, Windows re-install....: Hello,I'm at my wit's end here. I bought a pre-build in January of 2021 and have had BSODs since i bought the computer. I've replaced EVERY component now except the GPU and the issues still persist. Here's a link to my minidump...
  3. Endless BSODs Despite Hardware Changes, Software Changes, Windows re-install....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Endless BSODs Despite Hardware Changes, Software Changes, Windows re-install....: Hello,I'm at my wit's end here. I bought a pre-build in January of 2021 and have had BSODs since i bought the computer. I've replaced EVERY component now except the GPU and the issues still persist. Here's a link to my minidump...
  4. Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 - Hardware change but won't activate again: I am having major issues and would like to know if someone can help me as Microsoft doesn't seem to care.I've completely changed hardware/formatted SSD and reinstalled Windows, but whenever I try to activate it by using my MS account that has the license attached to it, it...
  5. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-some-hardware-in-my-machine-and-now/79d603f7-859e-4a5d-b09a-84223c1cc94d
  6. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-some-hardware-in-my-machine-and-now/79d603f7-859e-4a5d-b09a-84223c1cc94d
  7. Changed some hardware in my machine and now windows won't reactivate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change: I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate, and has the...
  9. Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.

Changed hardware, now windows 10 won't activate.: Changed motherboard and CPU, now windows won't activate. Troubleshooting doesn't work. I have my key, but how the hell can I activate it? error: 0xC0EA000A Pro Education edition....
  10. Windows 10 install fails - a recent hardware or software change might be the cause

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install fails - a recent hardware or software change might be the cause: I had a ten year old computer running Windows 7. It had a 240gb SSD with win 7 and all other applications on it, and a 1Tb hdd for data that is now full. I upgraded it by replacing the motherboard, processor, ram, gpu, and adding an additional 2Tb hdd. I have a retail...