Windows 10: Hardware change

Discus and support Hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just changed my motherboard, and now I cannot activate windows. I have already tried the troubleshooting and windows suggested methods.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CameronRozek, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Hardware change

I just changed my motherboard, and now I cannot activate windows. I have already tried the troubleshooting and windows suggested methods.

:)

CameronRozek, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 3, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Hardware change

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Hardware change :p

cadaveca, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Hardware change

1. Hardware change - Similar Threads - Hardware change

2. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  3. My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device is not showing up when reactivating windows and selecting "I changed hardware on...: When I select the activation troubleshooter and then "I changed hardware on this device recently" it doesn't list my device only my 2 older ones and after checking the licensing terms I can have up to 5 I have made sure to use the same account that is linked to the license...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change: In 2019 I upgraded from an OEM version disc which I purchased from a PV supplier of Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free. A new product key was issued by Microsoft and activated when I upgraded, replacing the original Windows 7 product key. I have recently upgraded my PC hardware...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change

7. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  8. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes: Hey guys,I need help, I've tried trouble shooter, and virtual helper, gotten no progress. I've upgraded my hardware with a new motherboard etc, but I'm unable to activate my windows 10.I originally bought windows 7, and upgraded it with the free upgrade to win 10 long ago. I...
  9. Unable to activate Windows 10 after hardware changes

10. Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.: after a hardware change, it's been giving me an error message, saying something interrupted our troubleshooting, with error code of 0x80004005, when I try to troubleshoot it, it gives another error message saying the same thing but a different error code, 0x8007000d, I have...