Windows 10: Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10

Discus and support Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 when it first came out I never entered a key to active it or use my windows 7 key. My computer died and it was replaced with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wiztech35, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Wiztech35 Win User

Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10

I installed windows 10 when it first came out I never entered a key to active it or use my windows 7 key. My computer died and it was replaced with the same motherboard and now im unable to active windows 10. I don't want to use my windows 7 key to active 10 and I don't want to buy a retail windows 10 key just yet. The troubleshooter not letting me active it cause its not tied to my email address. Is there another way to active windows 10?

:)

Wiztech35, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 26, 2018
  3. taox Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

So i will be changing my cpu, motherboard, ram to the z170 and i was wondering how i am going to reactivate windows 10. my parts should be here by the 11/18/2015 i want to prepare. *Smile Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10 :) thanks!

4. timo0n Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Before changing my MB and CPU I thoroughly read an article on how to reactivate Windows 10 after hardware change. I connected my activated Windows 10 that I bought from a retailer (so it's not a free upgrade) to a Microsoft account, changed hardware, went
    to settings-account-troubleshooting and was surprised buy it saying "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again.". It's been more than couple of hours
    since I tried it for the first time and I don't really believe that Microsoft servers can have that much downtime. So what is my next step now?

timo0n, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware changed cannot reactive windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hardware changed cannot

2. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, I installed a new motherboard and processor, my old ones don't work anymore due to a severe power outage. I cannot reactivate Windows on my machine no matter what I do.I have the receipt with the windows code, typed it in that doesn't work either.When I click...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Hello,Today I had to change my motherboard and CPU, and immediately after that my Windows 10 began showing the "Activate Windows" message in the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried using my license code, but it did not work.I went to Troubleshoot > I recently changed...
  5. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change: Hello,Today I had to change my motherboard and CPU, and immediately after that my Windows 10 began showing the "Activate Windows" message in the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried using my license code, but it did not work.I went to Troubleshoot > I recently changed...
  6. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change

Cannot reactivate windows after a hardware change: Hi there I recently did a rebuild of my PC and now windows is saying it needs to be activated. I am still launching from the same SSD as I was on the previous build and have not reinstalled windows so it should be the same version. When I go to the activation settings...
  8. Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change

Cannot Reactivate Windows after Hardware Change: Ive recently changed out my motherboard and CPU and cannot reactivate my bought Windows 10 key. All the sources I have point toward using the Troubleshoot option in the Activation tab in Settings. When I do that I get an option for "I changed hardware on this device...
  9. Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change

Cannot reactivate Windows after hardware change: Hello, After making sure I have a retail key for Windows on this computer and linking it to my Microsoft account I went and swapped out my motherboard/cpu/ram yesterday. Now Windows is bugging me to activate it, I went through the troubleshooter, clicked "I changed my...
  10. Cannot reactivate after changing hardware

Cannot reactivate after changing hardware: I have Win10 attached to my live account. I swapped out my motherboard and cpu. I attempt to reactive via settings - update&security - troubleshoot - recently changed hardware. I select this device in its previous incarnation. I am given the error message attached....