Windows 10: Hardware connect sound on startup

Discus and support Hardware connect sound on startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. Since the new windows 10 install a few months ago, i get a device connect sound upon logging into my desktop. I've checked the event viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Hardware connect sound on startup

Hey guys. Since the new windows 10 install a few months ago, i get a device connect sound upon logging into my desktop. I've checked the event viewer and see a few things... does anybody know how to figure out exactly what it is and put it to rest? Here's what i'm seeing around the time of the connect sound in time order. The last one is closest to connect... I hear the sound around 10 seconds, i'll input seconds after the event.

The TBS device identifier has been generated. 00

The TPM was successfully provisioned and is now ready for use. 01

The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start. 03

The mcpltsvc MMS Service entered the running state. 10 (when i hear the sound, but what is it?)

I'm on build 20H2

:)

SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 17, 2021

2. windows10 startup sound not working

Hi,

For us to provide you with the a proper solution, are you only referring to the startup sound? If not, have you tried playing audio from different programs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Sound troubleshooter in Control Panel to check for any errors.

Here are the steps:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and type Troubleshooting.
    • In the results, click on Troubleshooting (Control Panel).
    • In the Troubleshooting window, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Sound, click on Playing audio.

Note: We also suggest that you run Hardware and Devices under Devices.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Hardware connect sound on startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Hardware connect sound on startup

1. Hardware connect sound on startup - Similar Threads - Hardware connect sound

2. Hardware connection sounding constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware connection sounding constantly: Hello, for the last two days I have the hardware connection noise sounding every 90 seconds driving me nuts.I have pulled out every USB and put back in.There were three issues that happened around the the same time the noise started:1, One of my monitors started going flaky...
  3. Hardware connection sounding constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware connection sounding constantly: Hello, for the last two days I have the hardware connection noise sounding every 90 seconds driving me nuts.I have pulled out every USB and put back in.There were three issues that happened around the the same time the noise started:1, One of my monitors started going flaky...
  4. Hardware connection sounding constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound on StartUp

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound on StartUp: I got no sound when i boot the computer. I have to restart audiosrv service and after that, it works until i boot the pc again. this is really annoying, did someone counter the same problem and knows a solution? thanks! submitted by /u/Sharkymoto [link] [comments]...
  6. Hardware error at startup

Hardware error at startup: When I startup my Windows 10 PC I get the error message below, which says that the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly, not sure why the cooling fan would be failing as I have only had this laptop. I don't have another computer I can use, so any...
  7. Startup Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup Sounds: How do I change startup sounds? I've edited the Regedit file, I've turned off fast startup, ticked the box labeled "play windows startup sounds", and changed the default sound to my own sound, but it still plays the basic windows 7 startup sound. submitted by /u/zaanirk06...
  8. startup sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    startup sound: Heya MS community, I am having some trouble after installing windows 10. I am getting the same startup sound as it was in my previous version of windowswindows 7 professional. I have also removed the previous version of windows from my pc. Please tell me how should I...
  9. Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45

Red x on sound icon, Sound driver hardware not connected Issue 45: One day my sound just stopped working. A red x appeared on the sound icon bottom right, where you would usually click to change the volume and sound doesn't work. When I click on it, the troubleshooter appears. It says that it needs to restart to reinstall drivers, but...
  10. Sound and Etherner connection not available at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound and Etherner connection not available at startup: Sound and Ethernet connection not available after power-off and normal startup. Then I do a RESTART and everything works fine including sound ann my Ethernet connection?...