Windows 10: Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

Discus and support Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cosnow666, Oct 9, 2019.

1. cosnow666 Win User

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418)
    Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix
    After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer.

Device Manager

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer [​IMG]

File Explorer

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer [​IMG]

The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing.
    What can I do to correct this problem?
    Thank you

:)

cosnow666, Oct 9, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    FILE EXPLORER CRASHING 'ONLY' WHEN CONNECTED THROUGH WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) - WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Do you get any error message?
    The issue you are facing may be due to the system file is corrupt. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect the WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) and Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue persist follow next Method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to reset the Windows explorer. Please follow the steps:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for
      Windows Explorer.

• Right click on the Windows Explorer and click on
      End task.

• On top of the Task Manager click on
      File
      and click on Run new task.

• Type explorer.exe inside the box and hit
      Enter.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

1. Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Hardware displaying Device

2. Device manager and Display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager and Display drivers: I have 3 monitors. 2 Samsung 27" and an LG 22, but only the LG is listed in device manger. Even though I have the Samsung drivers installed, Windows 10 Pro identifies them as standard PnP. How can I change this? 179002
  3. display adapter in device manager

display adapter in device manager: my pc have no graphics card except the cpu integrated graphics and its working fine before but the next following day when I opened my pc its a dead blue and no signal on my monitor. I done everything and reset bios by removing cmos battery still same. So I decided to fix...
  4. Device Manager Display

Device Manager Display: The Device Manager in my Windows 10 Pro displays 21 entries for my printer as follows: [ATTACH] This is not the only device that has multi-entries. Is this normal? If not normal. please let me know how to fix it. BillyS8...
  5. Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer: Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device Manager [img] File Explorer [img] The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing. What can I do...
  6. File Manager Properties>Hardware

File Manager Properties>Hardware: Win 10, Ver 1803, Build 17134.706, Dell Optiplex 9010. In File Manager, when you right-click on an HDD, then click on "Properties," then "Hardware," it's supposed to display the drive name - not volume name or drive label, but the name shown in BIOS and Device Manager,...
  7. Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?

Device Manager > Scan for hardware changes?: Since the first time I saw it in Windows (can't remember which version), long ago, I never had anything I could see as a result of clicking on the "Scan for hardware changes" option in the Device Manager. What does it do exactly and is there any kind of file it generates?...
  8. File Explorer and Disk Management not detecting removable devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and Disk Management not detecting removable devices: Hi there, I recently took my old hard drive out of my laptop and now using it as a external hard drive with a USB to SATA connector. Every time I connect my hard drive the blue LED lights up meaning the system has access but also the blue LED needs to flashing so I can put...
  9. Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager

Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager: I was having some trouble with device on my computer and went into device manager to find out if the device is working properly in device manager and it wasn't so I fixed it, but in device manager under certain devices are showing multiple devices with the same name (See...
  10. Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager: I was having some trouble with device on my computer and went into device manager to find out if the device is working properly in device manager and it wasn't so I fixed it, but in device manager under certain devices are showing multiple devices with the same name (See...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DEVICE SHOWS IN DEVICE MANAGER BUT NOT IN FILE EXPLORER