Windows 10: Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

Discus and support Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosnow666, Oct 9, 2019.

1. cosnow666 Win User

Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418)
    Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix
    After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer.

Device Manager

Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer [​IMG]

File Explorer

Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer [​IMG]

The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing.
    What can I do to correct this problem?
    Thank you

:)

cosnow666, Oct 9, 2019
  2. mml23 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Devices Not Displayed

Devices are not showing up in Windows 10 File Explorer. Have the usual This PC , One drive, and quick access folders, but no Devices and Drives section. C: drive, E: Usb Flash drive, CD rom are not displayed. Looked in device manger and Disk management
    tools and drives are there.

mml23, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    FILE EXPLORER CRASHING 'ONLY' WHEN CONNECTED THROUGH WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) - WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• Do you get any error message?
    The issue you are facing may be due to the system file is corrupt. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect the WIDI (WIRELESS DISPLAY) and Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue persist follow next Method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to reset the Windows explorer. Please follow the steps:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for
      Windows Explorer.

• Right click on the Windows Explorer and click on
      End task.

• On top of the Task Manager click on
      File
      and click on Run new task.

• Type explorer.exe inside the box and hit
      Enter.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

Windows Phone Drive Missing in File Explorer

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to see the device in file explorer?

• What is the status when you click on the phone icon in file explorer?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to run Hardware Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box at the
      Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting under Settings from the search results.

• Now click on View All option present on top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
      and follow the onscreen steps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer

1. Hardware displaying in Device Manger but not in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Hardware displaying Device

2. "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem: I wanted to search Device Manger for a driver so I clicked on the icon with a magnifying-glass that is actually the button for the tool "Scan for hardware changes". The app then opened a small window that said something like "searching for plug-ins", or "searching for...
  3. "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Device Manger>"Scan for hardware changes" " problem: I wanted to search Device Manger for a driver so I clicked on the icon with a magnifying-glass that is actually the button for the tool "Scan for hardware changes". The app then opened a small window that said something like "searching for plug-ins", or "searching for...
  4. Usb flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after Power restart but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after Power restart but...: USB flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after a Power Restart but disappears once drive is removed and re-inserted. Does not show after Power Shutdown, but does reappear after Power Restart. This cycle repeats. Has only started after running Window...
  5. Usb flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after Power restart but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after Power restart but...: USB flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after a Power Restart but disappears once drive is removed and re-inserted. Does not show after Power Shutdown, but does reappear after Power Restart. This cycle repeats. Has only started after running Window...
  6. Usb flash drive present on both Device manger and File explorer after Power restart but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.: Just recently I can no longer see my NAS drive or my own computer under Network in file explorer. Have tried various fixes to no avail. Can anyone please help....
  8. Device Manger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manger: hi I'm running windows 10 64 bit on ASUS vivo note book ,everything is working no problems ,but when I open device manger two items are flagged so I did the normal I uninstalled the drivers rebooted and reinstalled the drivers ,but the same two items are still flagged....
  9. Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer

Hardware displaying in Device Manager but not in File Explorer: Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 19362.418) Update today at 10:30 AM Phoenix After update some hardware are not displaying in File Explorer. Device Manager [img] File Explorer [img] The CD\DVD Drive is not showing and not all of the hard drives are showing. What can I do...
  10. File Manger does not show a device.

File Manger does not show a device.: Win 10. My second internal hard drive (D:) shows in BIOS, Device Manager and Disk Management but not in File Explorer - how l can I add it to copy filesto it.?...