Windows 10: Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations

Discus and support Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been searching all around the internet for articles and ideas on how to build an ideal environment for building and maintaining Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davegbuf, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Davegbuf Win User

Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations

Hello,
    I have been searching all around the internet for articles and ideas on how to build an ideal environment for building and maintaining Windows 10 images. To be clear, the focus of my questions are on the ideal equipment that I would need. So far, all of the articles that I have run across are how-to's on building the images and USB media but no hardware environment topics.

I was building Windows 10 images on Hyper-v with an old Pentium desktop which I inherited from my predecessor setup with Windows server 2012 and little hard disk space which forces me to keep deleting files so I can do my work. I'm now trying to build on spare laptops because that old machine is pretty useless. My boss told me to make a shopping list and present it to him so we can get the upgrades that I need.

I would like to get your thoughts and ideas from your current experience to help me build that shopping list. The question to keep in mind is: what do I need to build an awesome environment to build and maintain offline Windows 10 images?

Network image deployment is not an option (except maybe for facilitating my own build tasks) because 80% of our users are disconnected at various remote customer sites. That's why I only need to build offline images. I send a copy of a master image to a nationwide vendor as a Windows WIM file. Our users purchase PC with our image already on them from our vendor. Our help desk does occasional reimages on USB drive.

I need to be able to shorten my preparation time every time I need to start a new project. I also need to be able handle large files more efficiently: movement, storage, accessibility, versions, changes, temporary testing, and archives.

So what equipment do you think would make an awesome offline imaging environment?

* Good NAS device setup for storage and movement of large files?
    * Maybe the device can host virtual machines with iSCSI configured drives
    * Should I have a beefed-up PC instead, with external or additional drives?
    * An SSD or hybrid drive RAID formation?
    * Separate storage for backups, image versions, and archives?
    * Any hardware brand recommendations?
    * Can you describe an environment hardware, software?

### Any thoughts to start a productive discussion not only to help me, but also others who run across this discussion thread.. thanks

:)

Davegbuf, Apr 3, 2019
  2. R9
    r9 Win User

Can some one recommend online store for Soldering equipment ?

Also can some one put list of needed equipment for BGA reball. Thanks in advance.

3. Printing error code: 0x803C010B

Hi Jacqui,

Based on the troubleshooting steps that you have done and our research, the error is hardware-related. You can follow the steps below for additional troubleshooting:

• Do a power reset and check if the printer is plugged in firmly to the wall outlet to ensure that the equipment is receiving full power.
    • Turn on the printer and disconnect the cord from the rear of the equipment.
    • Next, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wait for 15 seconds.
    • Plug the cord back to the wall outlet and connect the cord back to the equipment.
    • The printer should automatically turn on. If not, press power button.

In the event that the power reset still does not resolve the issue, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer and ask for further assistance with your equipment.

Keep us posted.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 3, 2019
  4. jagd Win User

TechPowerUp Deploys New PSU Testing Equipment

Nice equipment and nice step forward for TPU ,good luck at new reviews.

jagd, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations - Similar Threads - Hardware Equipment Imagining

2. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  3. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  4. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISPLAY IMAGINE BECOME BETTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISPLAY IMAGINE BECOME BETTER: WHEN I TURN MY HEAD RIGHT AND LEFT ON MONITOR SCREEN, IMAGINE BECOME SMOOTH AND CLEAR , I DONT KNOW WHAT IS BUT IS SOMETHING WITH EYES, PLS FIX THIS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-imagine-become-better/6127bd58-c265-4a66-84a7-21654913adf6
  6. Network equipment security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network equipment security: Hello Microsoft Gurus:I have a technical question involving mechanical aspects of securing your accesses from cybercriminals. Having previously owned my own modem/routers, is it more secure than using the service provider's equipment who's security software you have no...
  7. Activation after equipment change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after equipment change: Troubleshooting does not help, since the computer is not in the list of devices and the windows editions do not match, although the key is from windows 10 pro. When you enter the key, an error pops up...
  8. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2
  9. Need New PC Hardware Recommendations

in Windows 10 Support
    Need New PC Hardware Recommendations: My old Dell T3400 Workstation has died, and I'm unsure whether to replace it or just replace its motherboard and PSU. (The case is a good one, with lots of front-panel and internal drive slots.) Either way, I need to figure out what hardware I need--which CPU, how much RAM,...
  10. Microsoft Imagine for Institutions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Imagine for Institutions: What is Microsoft Imagine? Microsoft Imagine is the program that provides collegiate student developers, especially those who attend top CS universities, with the tools, resources and experiences needed to turn innovative ideas into reality. Welcome to Microsoft...