Windows 10: 'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September

Discus and support 'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,After installing this windows update KB4023057, I have been having crashes and freezes and reliability history shows hardware error.Also after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jay Bui, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Jay Bui Win User

'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September

Hi,After installing this windows update KB4023057, I have been having crashes and freezes and reliability history shows hardware error.Also after crashing/freezing, my GPU gets de-activated and radeon software wont startup, I had to re-install driver and software every time it happened. I have temporarily fixed this by uninstalling radeon software so now when crash/freeze happens my GPU isn't deactivated. The crashes previously were either during idle or gaming but after uninstalling radeon software, updating BIOS, and checking and installing windows update September 14, 2021—KB5005565 - t

:)

Jay Bui, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Sep 18, 2021
  3. KB4023057 Error 0x80070643

I have Windows 10 (1803) and got this error above when trying to install the update "KB4023057".

None of the "Solutions" or "Suggestions" (uninstalling, stopping services, ISO-image, repair-tool, a.s.o.) helped.

So I tried to download and install it by myself. .. And successfully installed the update.

I took these Steps (maybe, you only need steps 4-6):

1: Download of Patch under the official microsoft update download page "Microsoft Update Catalog"

2: Unpack the downloaded package in a temporary folder.

3: Try to run the unpacked installer "windows10.0-kb4023057-x64.msi" as admin via CMD

-> Error "Cannot write to file "C:\Program Files\rempl\ <blablabla>"

4: Renamed the folder mentioned above to "C:\Program Files\rempl-OLD"

5: Run the setup again.

-> Success

6: Searched for new Updates with the regular Windows-update-function.

-> Success ... Update is no longer shown.

Maybe it is enough for you to only run steps 4-6.

HansMeister1, Sep 18, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. 'Hardware Error' critical events after windows update KB4023057 installed 9th September - Similar Threads - 'Hardware Error' critical

2. Critical Events: Windows Hardware Error, Desktop Window Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Events: Windows Hardware Error, Desktop Window Manager stopped working: Hey, I have problem with my system I guess. Everything was fine since I bought a new motherboard, ram, CPU etc. Nevertheless, yesterday and today my PC freezes or gives me a black screen and reboots. I updated the graphics card drivers, my Windows is up to date, I have a lot...
  3. Critical Events: Windows Hardware Error, Desktop Window Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Events: Windows Hardware Error, Desktop Window Manager stopped working: Hey, I have problem with my system I guess. Everything was fine since I bought a new motherboard, ram, CPU etc. Nevertheless, yesterday and today my PC freezes or gives me a black screen and reboots. I updated the graphics card drivers, my Windows is up to date, I have a lot...
  4. Critical Events: Windows Hardware Error, Desktop Window Manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical Errors after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Errors after update: My computer woke up this morning after an update. I have no data files. I have no printer drivers my restore points are all gone. It's like I just bought the computer. I have a backup drive and can put things back, but this is the second time I seem to have lost...
  6. Critical hardware error

Critical hardware error: Hi all, I usually use my PC for gaming, and have today had 3-4 different full crashes. These crashes cause a flickering grey screen and audio looping. Immediately after the first crash I have been observing CPU and GPU temperatures to make sure it isn't an overheating...
  7. Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update KB4023057: This update was installed on my computer March 1st. I started getting the blue screen, so I performed a system restore that would not complete. This same thing happened on a previous windows update about a month ago. It took me a while to get it back to normal, but I had...
  8. Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors)

Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors): I really don't know what the problem is, mu computer is bombarded with critical errors. I see plenty of question asked but no answers from Microsoft. While my computer seems to run right, I think and I do not see any visible problems. there is the event viewer showing at...
  9. Windows Update Error (KB4023057) - Error 0x80246010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error (KB4023057) - Error 0x80246010: Hi. I already tried SFC (no problems found) and running various anti-malware tools, etc. It says: • 2018-07 Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057) - Error 0x80246010 I could not find KB4023057 in the catalog. I ran the win update fix...
  10. Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?

Errors/Critical appearing in event logs after clean install : normal ?: Hi Bleeping Computer *Smile Thanks to the help of the community, I successfully clean installed Win 10 after multiple failing attemps. Nonetheless, I have noticed som errors in the events log (same as before clean install, by the way). Some Error IDs are : -...