Windows 10: Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

Discus and support Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I've been experiencing soft program locks unresponsive but can be closed without force quit, hard locks completely unresponsive system and hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by David Boniface, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

Hello! I've been experiencing soft program locks unresponsive but can be closed without force quit, hard locks completely unresponsive system and hard reset involuntary hardware resets.

Here's the hardware error I found.

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffb38fb690e010
    Parameter 2: fffff8062cdec188
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: f74
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033

My drivers are all current. Problem started occurring after a driver update, I've tried rolling back the relevant drivers to no luck.

I've had no luck finding the DMP files, perhaps since I've had no BSODs. The MSInfo file is here.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnSWZxkfGt8TgSbRJ1zyEH6jMvZr?e=BPkhsQ

Thank you!

P.S. not sure if it's related, but Desktop Window Manager also seems to crash repeatedly at the same time.

:)

David Boniface, Oct 8, 2020

2. SOFT RESET or HARD RESET

have a look at the following codes;

Factory settings reset. Type *#7780# and the phone's lock code (Nokia default lock code is 12345). This reset restores the phone's original settings.

Soft reset(reformat). Type *#7370# and the phone's lock code.

Warning!Soft reset deletes all the phone's data (C drive).

Hard reset. Switch the phone off. Press and hold three keys together, the green key, the * key and the number '3'. While you are holding these keys, switch the phone on. Don't release these three keys before you see the NOKIA logo.

Warning! Hard reset (as soft reset) wipes the C (phone memory) drive.

Hard reset for 5800; Press and hold green + red + multimedia button and turn the phone on at the same time.

Hard reset for N97; Press shift + space + delete and turn the phone on at the same time. Don't let the three keys before you see the NOKIA logo.

Hard reset for other S60v5 phones; press green + red + camera key and turn the phone on at the same time.

phonehacker, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Definition of soft hard resets please .

the difference between hard and soft reset is that hard reset can be perfomed even when your phone is "dead".

Factory settings reset. Type *#7780# and the phone's lock code (Nokia's default lock code is 12345). This reset restores the phone's original settings.

Soft reset. Type *#7370# and the phone's lock code.

Warning!Soft reset deletes all the phone's data (C drive).

Hard reset. Switch the phone off. Press and hold three keys together, the green key, the * key and the number '3'. While you are holding these keys, switch the phone on. Don't release these three keys before you see the Nokia hands logo.

Warning! Hard reset (as soft reset) wipes the C (phone memory) drive.

Hard reset for N97; Press shift + space + delete and turn the phone on at the same time. Don't let the three keys before you see the Nokia logo(or the country selection screen)

Hard reset for 5800; Press green + red + multimedia button and turn the phone on

phonehacker, Oct 8, 2020
  4. grschinon Win User

Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

Hard Reset / Soft Reset

A soft reset is a reset induced by a software condition, namely dialling the "number" *#7370#.

A hard reset is a reset induced by a hardware condition, namely 3 keys pressed down when the phone boots. The keys to press depend on the phone model but it's '3', '*' and the green 'call' key for most.

The hard reset can still (and should only) be performed if the phone doesn't boot to a stable enough condition to accept keypad input, in which case the soft reset is not possible.

Both the soft and hard reset are only possible on S60 phones (and even then there are a few exceptions).

grschinon, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset

1. Hardware error, soft lock & hard lock & hard reset - Similar Threads - Hardware error soft

2. Blue Screens and Hard Locks with the error "whea_uncorrectable_error"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screens and Hard Locks with the error "whea_uncorrectable_error": Hey All,I recently started experiencing a very strange combination of blue screens and hard locks with my machine. The crashes have been happening with certain games, but not all, and not with any regularity. Seemingly at random during gameplay, the computer will lock, drop...
  3. Blue Screens and Hard Locks with the error "whea_uncorrectable_error"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens and Hard Locks with the error "whea_uncorrectable_error": Hey All,I recently started experiencing a very strange combination of blue screens and hard locks with my machine. The crashes have been happening with certain games, but not all, and not with any regularity. Seemingly at random during gameplay, the computer will lock, drop...
  4. Blue Screens and Hard Locks with the error "whea_uncorrectable_error"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard locked using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard locked using bitlocker: Hello,I bought my laptop Dell G5 3 years ago with 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD driveFrom 2 weeks ago, I decided to replace my HDD drive with another one SSD drive and put the HDD in a rack to be used as an external hard diskBut when I tried to use this external disk on another...
  6. After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After resetting my computer that was locked by Bitlocker, the hard drive that was locked no...: I finally decided to reset my computer which was locked by Bitlocker, without a key, and I did so by formatting the drives. However, after reinstalling Windows to my SSD, the main drive no longer shows up anywhere! I've checked in the BIOS, in disk management, and in the...
  7. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  8. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  9. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to unstop the soft lock of a Nokia C 32