Windows 10: Hardware Failure

Discus and support Hardware Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last couple of days been having PC problems. In the mornings when watching a video the PC would freeze and a buzzing sounding. Then the PC would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clee Irwin, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Hardware Failure

The last couple of days been having PC problems. In the mornings when watching a video the PC would freeze and a buzzing sounding. Then the PC would restart, no BSOD just restarted.

This morning, turned on the monitor and was greeted with a "no signal' message on the scree. Computer was on, LED fans spinning. I restarted, checked reliability history and at 1:32am there was a hardware failure 141 event.. I then did SFC /scannow., showed no errors.

System logs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjHN5L7wNiZhgxbtLL_pH8xd06jW

:)

Clee Irwin, Sep 3, 2020

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update problem

Hello Felix,

One of the possible reasons why you're USB and SHDC ports aren't working is due to hardware failure. We suggest that you run the Hardware troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:

• Type Hardware troubleshooter in the search box > Select
      Hardware and Sound
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us updated with the result.

Regile Reb, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Hardware Failure

Safely remove hardware failure.

Thank you @Bree and @Compumind - I have tried all of the suggestions provided by both of you and no luck so far.

I will point out this; though I do not know if it has any significance and it was not doing this before.

Take note of the differences between the next two pictures as the icon moves when trying to eject hardware:

Hardware Failure [​IMG]

Hardware Failure [​IMG]

Also, there is a little white blip that occurs in the task bar position just before it tries to eject and then the ejection icon switches its position in the task bar.

It never did that before either.

Notifications are set to notify as well:

Hardware Failure [​IMG]

EyeInTheSky, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Hardware Failure

1. Hardware Failure - Similar Threads - Hardware Failure

2. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  3. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  4. NMI hardware failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI hardware failure: HiI have Windows 10 Home and for the last few days I have been getting blue screen with NMI hardware failure,I haven't installed anything new h/w or s/w.I have pasted the link below to the dump files I have fromC:\Windows\Minidumpdump.zipPlease can someone guide how to fix...
  5. NMI hardware failure

NMI hardware failure: HiI have Windows 10 Home and for the last few days I have been getting blue screen with NMI hardware failure,I haven't installed anything new h/w or s/w.I have pasted the link below to the dump files I have fromC:\Windows\Minidumpdump.zipPlease can someone guide how to fix...
  6. NMI hardware failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows HARDWARE FAILURE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HARDWARE FAILURE?: Hello!My system seems to be having issues once again. This time in regards to Hardware? I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to my GPU. It crashed when I turned on Ray Tracing on the game. Perhaps someone could confirm my suspicion though and if this is a Hardware issue,...
  8. Windows HARDWARE FAILURE?

Windows HARDWARE FAILURE?: Hello!My system seems to be having issues once again. This time in regards to Hardware? I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to my GPU. It crashed when I turned on Ray Tracing on the game. Perhaps someone could confirm my suspicion though and if this is a Hardware issue,...
  9. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...
  10. Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.

Windows Activation after hardware failure and replacement.: I have Windows 10 Pro digital license and the associated product key from the media for install. After a MB failure I have been unable to reactivate Windows 10. I have the same hard drive however all other system components MB, CPU and RAM were required to be swapped due to...