Windows 10: Hardware id

Discus and support Hardware id in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was wondering if there was anyway i can change my hardware id. I have no clue why but i got harware banned from fortnite and wanting to know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnthonyBerardi 3, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hardware id

I was wondering if there was anyway i can change my hardware id. I have no clue why but i got harware banned from fortnite and wanting to know how to fix it.

:)

AnthonyBerardi 3, Oct 25, 2020

2. Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

Hello. I have an HP Laptop that has an audio driver with a hardware ID of

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100

However, the only driver available is for windows 8.1 and this driver installer is made for my specific laptop model. The thing is, the hardware ID listed above is NOT included in the inf file of the installer. Well, to be specific, the subsys ID. How is this possible?

attached are the supported hardware IDs for the said installer

boombadoomboom, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Hardware id

Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Hardware id

1. Hardware id - Similar Threads - Hardware

2. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  3. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  4. In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?: In the Windows Phone emulator I picked up here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53424I am wonderering if there is a way to use hardware accelerometer controls as opposed to the virtual accelerometer controlls. If there is a way to feed any of this...
  5. In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?

In the Windows Phone emulator - hardware gyro/accelerometer controlls?: In the Windows Phone emulator I picked up here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53424I am wonderering if there is a way to use hardware accelerometer controls as opposed to the virtual accelerometer controlls. If there is a way to feed any of this...
  6. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  7. Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?

Win Key not working partially working while the hardware works fine, how to solve?: My win key is not working or partially working, more precisely.When I press Win key alone, the start menu doesn't show up; however, when I press Win + G, which is the shortcut for Xbox game bar, it works; when I press Win + L, which is the shortcut for Lock the screen, it...
  8. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  9. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation on New Hardware

DPC Watchdog Violation on New Hardware: Good evening,I'm at whits end here as I've tried everything to get Windows 11 installed on some new hardware and I keep getting a Watchdog Violation whenever i try to install Windows 11. It POSTs, goes into BIOS and even allows me to start the installation process, but once...