Windows 10: Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway

Discus and support Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer is incompatible with recent windows 10 updates. I've not yet determined what exactly is incompatible yet. This wouldn't be a problem, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WorldOfSoap, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway

My computer is incompatible with recent windows 10 updates. I've not yet determined what exactly is incompatible yet.

This wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that windows 10 is continuously trying to update, realizing that it can't halfway through, and then undoing it's changes, which takes a solid hour or more in total every time.

It's done this 3 times I'm aware of, and It doesn't seem smart enough to be aware of the fact it legitimately can't before retrying yet again or letting me tell it to just stop before it breaks something.

I tried to use the "Pause Updates" toggle, thinking that would give me well enough time as it says 35 days~ of time without it trying, but less than a day later it did it again regardless and the "pause updates" toggle was back to off, which I didn't do.

Now it's bugging me about needing to restart yet again, I've paused updates yet again, and I'm writing this post out.

How can I legitimately disable updates, until after I can determine what is incompatible and why?

submitted by /u/WorldOfSoap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WorldOfSoap, Jan 14, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 14, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway

Upcoming Hardware Launches 2018 (Updated)

• Updated AMD Zen 2, Zen+ second wave, Threadripper 2nd Gen
    • Added GDDR6 info for NVIDIA
    • Added AMD B450 chipset
    • Added QLC NAND flash
    • Added NVIDIA GTX 1050 3 GB
    • Updated NVIDIA Turing
    • Updated Intel Cannon Lake
    • Updated Intel Z390
    • Updated DDR5

W1zzard, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway

1. Hardware incompatible with update but it's trying to force me to update anyway - Similar Threads - Hardware incompatible update

2. Windows 10 trying to force through update to potentially incompatible version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 trying to force through update to potentially incompatible version: Hello,I have recently upgraded a rather old setup to Windows 10. My hardware being not the freshest on the market, I've read on a few forums online to see if any users would have complained about compatibility issues with similar setups, and it turned out my motherboard would...
  3. Windows 10 trying to force through update to potentially incompatible version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 trying to force through update to potentially incompatible version: Hello,I have recently upgraded a rather old setup to Windows 10. My hardware being not the freshest on the market, I've read on a few forums online to see if any users would have complained about compatibility issues with similar setups, and it turned out my motherboard would...
  4. Windows 10 trying to force through update to potentially incompatible version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. STOPPING WINDOWS UPDATES AS HARDWARE IS INCOMPATIBLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOPPING WINDOWS UPDATES AS HARDWARE IS INCOMPATIBLE: HI.WIN 10 pro on laptop.updates keeps trying to install on my laptop but the machine does not have high enough spec to take win 11 according to message that popped upWhen i start laptop it updates laptop-then decides it cannot be doneSo uninstalls.........took 21 minutes...
  6. STOPPING WINDOWS UPDATES AS HARDWARE IS INCOMPATIBLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOPPING WINDOWS UPDATES AS HARDWARE IS INCOMPATIBLE: HI.WIN 10 pro on laptop.updates keeps trying to install on my laptop but the machine does not have high enough spec to take win 11 according to message that popped upWhen i start laptop it updates laptop-then decides it cannot be doneSo uninstalls.........took 21 minutes...
  7. STOPPING WINDOWS UPDATES AS HARDWARE IS INCOMPATIBLE

8. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  9. Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dumbfounded by Hardware manager forced updating criterion: Hello. I have formatted a 5th gen. i5 machine today. After Windows 10 was up to date (18362.418) and everything installed I went on the quest of updating drivers. I just used Windows Update itself and then from hardware manager, clicking on automatically update hardware for...
  10. The last forced update took me down for two weeks - stop with the forced updates - for the...

The last forced update took me down for two weeks - stop with the forced updates - for the...: How do I disable Microsoft Windows 10 FORCED Updates? This is killing me. I CANNOT AFFORD TO BE DOWN FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. incompatable program windows 10 update assistant is incompatable