Windows 10: Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.

Discus and support Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; USB [mainly] USB3 CABLE connectors: The new SSD disks are really a pain keeping connected as the Connectors are so small they do not to stay connected.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Jul 11, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.

USB [mainly] USB3 CABLE connectors: The new SSD disks are really a pain keeping connected as the Connectors are so small they do not to stay connected. The female connector is small not like the older BIGGER USB1 and USB3 did. The slightest wiggle they come loose and Windows and its buffers do not like that. ANY trick, "pinching' of the MALE/FEMALE, trick to keep them MATED better? Thanks.

:)

jagman, Jul 11, 2021

2. External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Phone Man Win User
    Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?

My MyBook is a few years old and it looks like they removed the power button on newer units.
    Check your local Lowes for one of these:

Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk. [​IMG]

Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk. [​IMG]

Works great for Christmas trees also.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 11, 2021
  4. larrymcg Win User

Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?

Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have an external hard disk (WD MyBook) connected via USB3. After using it I use the "Safely Remove ..." thingo to remove/unmount it. Sometimes I want to mount it again but the only way I have found to do that is to power the drive down and up again. I'd like to mount it again without powering the disk down and up. This disk does not have a power switch so I have to pull the power adapter.

Seems like there should be an easier way to mount the disk. Suggestions?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk. - Similar Threads - Hardware issue USB3

2. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  3. External hard disk issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard disk issues: Hello Aklesh Gond, Unfortunately I save the recovery key certificate on external hard drive only, which is encrypted now.Not sure how to decrypt this external hard drive and recover my data.RegardsAtith...
  4. Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware issue-USB3 external Disk.: USB [mainly] USB3 CABLE connectors: The new SSD disks are really a pain keeping connected as the Connectors are so small they do not to stay connected. The female connector is small not like the older BIGGER USB1 and USB3 did. The slightest wiggle they come loose and Windows...
  5. My USB3 external HD doesn't work in my new hardware

My USB3 external HD doesn't work in my new hardware: Hello. Recently I have changed my hardware from an i7920, Asus P6x58D premium to a i7 10700K, asus rog strix z490-e gaming. I have NOT reinstalled windows neither formatted (It's windows 10 pro 1909 btw). I've tried to let windows to find drivers and everything is fine but my...
  6. Help, My external USB3 HD doesn't work in my new hardware.

Help, My external USB3 HD doesn't work in my new hardware.: Hello. Recently I have changed my hardware from an i7920, Asus P6x58D premium to a i7 10700K, asus rog strix z490-e gaming. I have NOT reinstalled windows neither formatted It's windows 10 pro 1909 btw. I've tried to let windows to find drivers and everything is fine but my...
  7. Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk

Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk: hi guys, version 1909 18363.900 so i have the "better performance" option enabled for my hard disk but recently there's no way i can just click eject and remove the hard disk, it's happening ALL the time. I went into event viewer and it seems to be process 6164,...
  8. 100 Disk Issue - External SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 Disk Issue - External SSD?: Hi, I know many people have posted about the 100% disk usage issue. I have a year old Dell Inspiron and its basically been unusable since day 1. It has a HDD. Everyone replies to these posts saying switch to SSD. But how do I do this with a laptop? Can I use am external SSD?...
  9. Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?

Mount external USB3 disk after Safely Removing it?: Win 10 Pro 64bit. I have an external hard disk (WD MyBook) connected via USB3. After using it I use the "Safely Remove ..." thingo to remove/unmount it. Sometimes I want to mount it again but the only way I have found to do that is to power the drive down and up again. I'd...
  10. External USB3 plugged in at Shutdown equals restart

External USB3 plugged in at Shutdown equals restart: If I leave Western Digital My Book plugged into a usb3 port at shut down there will be a restart in a few seconds. This has been the action through both versions of Win10. (Currently on the 2nd version as of Nov.20) At this time the only items that allow restart are mouse,...