Windows 10: Hardware issues after repasting laptop

Discus and support Hardware issues after repasting laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I repasted my laptop this weekend covered by warranty & since then I've been having issues with only 1 program. Did Dism, sfc, updated all drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zubin M Darbari, May 19, 2020.

1. Hardware issues after repasting laptop

I repasted my laptop this weekend covered by warranty & since then I've been having issues with only 1 program. Did Dism, sfc, updated all drivers, rollback and updated back. Nothing worked. Went down internet rabbit hole and found out in Reliability monitor where it states "Hardware issue".

My laptop has never felt better, CPU temps are < 70C at max utilization ran P95 to test reliability & MSI Kombustor Furmark for 30 min no artifacts & 63C max temp. Before repasting, it was running 75C idle & was basically a toaster.

:)

Zubin M Darbari, May 19, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 19, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Hardware issues after repasting laptop [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 19, 2020
  4. Hardware issues after repasting laptop

Repasting Acer Nitro 791g + pump out issues

Hi, to keep this short, I've had my laptop for nearly 3 years now. It has a 4720HQ and GTX 950m. First year I left it as is to keep the warranty after which I repasted it with gelid gc extreme. Over the next year, the temperatures have slowly climbed to near stock levels and sometimes worse. So another year had passed and I again repasted the laptop but this time using prolimatech pk3. Again, temperatures were great for maybe 2-3 months before the cpu slowly started climbing up again and later on the gpu.

Idle temps aren't affected nearly as the max temps which have climbed in the range of 10-13C (GPU maxes out at 77 from 65 and CPU maxes out at 94 from 81 causing throttling under heavy load). Problem is my laptop requires removing the keyboard to access the internals and this is attached through clips which are breaking off. I can't constantly open it up to repaste. I considered buying IC graphite thermal pad as it's showing some great results and would help me alot but I can't know for sure whether my heatsink would sit flush and provide ample pressure.

If I am to stick to thermal paste, is there a way to reduce pump out effects? At Least for the next 2-3 years. Perhaps putting a little more than needed as LTT proved that too much wouldn't affect temps. Unless anyone is aware of a thermal paste that's very resistant to pump out effects (preferably not IC diamond).

Attached is how my heatsink setup looks like. The right side is the cpu and the left is gpu. Thank you.

hemingway59, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Hardware issues after repasting laptop

1. Hardware issues after repasting laptop - Similar Threads - Hardware issues repasting

2. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  3. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  4. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Reactivation Issue after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Issue after hardware change: Hi, i recently changed the hardware in my computer motherboard, cpu, memory. I prepared everything to be able to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. I followed the instruction detailed in this guide :...
  6. Today after repasting thermal paste in my laptop, this driver is not working. I tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Today after repasting thermal paste in my laptop, this driver is not working. I tried...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Liberandus_ka_baap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hark6h/today_after_repasting_thermal_paste_in_my_laptop/
  7. Reactivating after hardware change issues

Reactivating after hardware change issues: Trying to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account. I went though: Activate > I changed hardware recently > check the box for "this is the device I'm using right now". I get an error of "we can't reactivate Windows on this...
  8. Reactivation issues after hardware change

Reactivation issues after hardware change: I recently swapped the motherboard and CPU in an attempt to keep my antique rig functional for a few more months. I used sysprep to generalize Windows prior to the swap and then did Fresh Start afterwards to get rid of any accumulated bloat/malware. The computer was...
  9. laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop crashes while plying games after repasting cpu gpu: bought Asus ROG GL702VSK used about a month ago, two weeks ago I installed new samsung 970 evo 256 ssd nvme m.2. And used samsung data migration to transfer os files from hdd to ssd. I now boot from ssd and everything is much faster. seemed to work great. One week ago i...
  10. issue with laptop hardware(need help)

in Windows 10 Support
    issue with laptop hardware(need help): First of, sorry if it's not related to windows 10, but I really need help with a problem my laptop is facing since its my only school laptop . I own an acer e5 575g 53vg, and recently I dropped it. Now, everything is working as normal but the thing is the bottom part of the...