Windows 10: Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade

Discus and support Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Dell XPS and now I have a range of hardware issues, such as built-in camera not working/recognised, Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Will.I.am.not, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade

Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Dell XPS and now I have a range of hardware issues, such as built-in camera not working/recognised, Search bar not recognizing the keyboard so unable to type in Search commands and bluetooth wireless headphones unable to connect because of driver issues which are not resolved by updating the drivers. Any ideas on how to resolve these issues, is it related to the Dell BIOS?

:)

Will.I.am.not, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade

1. Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade - Similar Threads - Hardware issues upgrade

2. Extreme crashing issues after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extreme crashing issues after upgrading hardware: i recently upgraded my hardware after a few years and since then i've been having EXTREME issues with win11. Things are crashing left and right, i'm getting BSODs more and more often, and i can't pinpoint the issue. It's not the RAM i ran memory test on it, didn't return any...
  3. Extreme crashing issues after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extreme crashing issues after upgrading hardware: i recently upgraded my hardware after a few years and since then i've been having EXTREME issues with win11. Things are crashing left and right, i'm getting BSODs more and more often, and i can't pinpoint the issue. It's not the RAM i ran memory test on it, didn't return any...
  4. Windows issues with upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows issues with upgrading hardware: Hey there,I have an older PC that I bought with Windows 10 a couple years ago. After a while, I got another laptop and I stopped using this older PC. Recently I needed a PC to use for storage and organizing stuff, so I started using it again and it's really slow. I upgraded...
  5. Windows issues with upgrading hardware

Windows issues with upgrading hardware: Hey there,I have an older PC that I bought with Windows 10 a couple years ago. After a while, I got another laptop and I stopped using this older PC. Recently I needed a PC to use for storage and organizing stuff, so I started using it again and it's really slow. I upgraded...
  6. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  7. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  8. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade

Hardware issues after Windows 11 upgrade: Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Dell XPS and now I have a range of hardware issues, such as built-in camera not working/recognised, Search bar not recognizing the keyboard so unable to type in Search commands and bluetooth wireless headphones unable to connect...
  10. Windows 10 activation issues after hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation issues after hardware upgrade.: So I recently upgraded some hardware in one of my computers and, just like I have always done, I took my old hardware and put it into another one of my computers to "upgrade" that one as well. Now I am having trouble activating Windows on one of my machines. So for clarity:...