Windows 10: Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

Discus and support Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Can anyone help me with this?I have OS with Win 10 Enterprise and 21H1 version.Added Japanese keyboard along with language pack installation.But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mahesh Chinnagavi, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

Hello,Can anyone help me with this?I have OS with Win 10 Enterprise and 21H1 version.Added Japanese keyboard along with language pack installation.But under JA keyboard options I'm not getting the Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 keyboard layouts.The same issue was observed for the Korean keyboard as well.Screenshot:

:)

Mahesh Chinnagavi, Nov 11, 2021
  2. HankCohen Win User

Japanese keyboard on english system

Neil,

Thanks for your reply. But that doesn't quite get it.

I eventually figured it out for myself.

There are two Japanese keyboard layouts supported by Win 10 Japanese language pack.

Simply selecting the "Japanese!" keyboard isn't enough.

Here's what works.

With the Japanese language pack installed go to

Settings-> Time & Language -> Language

click on the Japanese language pack and you will get an options button. Click that.

This brings up "Language Options: Japanese"

find "Hardware keyboard layout"

click "Change layout"

You will get a choice between a 101/102 key layout and a 106/109 key layout,

Don't bother counting your keys because you may well not have 101, 102, 106 or 109 keys..

Just switch to the other from what is not working. In my case this was a shift from 101/102 to 106/109

My keyboard actually has 130 keys.

You need to reboot for the keyboard mapping to take effect.

After setting the japanese language keyboard option the keyboard mapping will also work in English input mode.

For that you need to add the Japanese keyboard to your default input mode assuming that like me the default is English.

Hank

HankCohen, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 1607 "Change hardware keyboard layout" option under Japanese OS language is missing for standard users.

Hello All.

We are facing an issue WRT to Japanese keyboard layout.

As we know that Microsoft provides only “Microsoft IME keyboard” for “Japanese OS language” and does not provide option to add additional English keyboard (or any other keyboard) for Japanese OS language.

However Microsoft provides another option to switch the ‘hardware keyboard layout’ between
    Japanese layout (106/109 key) and
    English layout (101/102 key) for Microsoft IME keyboard. But this option is only visible if user is admin on the machine (Screenshot below) and not visible for normal.

Many users will be working with Japanese OS and will have English keyboard. In such case standard users should be able to see this option to switch between the keyboard layouts:

Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not... c89d0e31-076c-4fdf-942f-96afba2e8dd0.png

Any way to provide this option to the standard users?

Regards,

Naveen Punj, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

Vietnamese keyboard layout

Firstly, I would like to thank you Microsoft and the developers behind everything that is Windows.

You've added my decade-long awaited feature which is the native telex keyboard input for Vietnamese language.

However, it's still got several flaws which I'd like to point out and request improvements:

1. The ability to change keyboard layout: currently, it only supports the most popular layout (English 101/102 keys.) Living in Japan, all of my laptops and keyboards have the same Japanese 106/109 keys layout and it's really hard to type using the new native
    Vietnamese input because they have different key locations.

2. The English input mode is brilliant since it supports multiple hardware keyboard layouts; you can add a new layout just with a few simple clicks and switch between them easily. Why can't other language inputs (such as Japanese or Vietnamese) do the same
    thing? The Japanese input mode allows you to switch between English and Japanese layouts, but it requires a full system restart!

3. There's also this annoying bug: cloned words/characters when typing in 3rd party applications such as chrome.

I would appreciate greatly if the developers could take some time to look into these suggestions.

Thank you.

Minh HieuNguyen, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

1. Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not... - Similar Threads - Hardware keyboard layout

2. Can't change keyboard layout to japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change keyboard layout to japanese: Hello,I have a problem switching my keyboard layout from French main language of my PC to Japanese. When I try to switch by directly clicking in the taskbar or using keyboard shortcuts, the language does not change at all and stays on French.Important notes: - I have recently...
  3. Can't change keyboard layout to japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change keyboard layout to japanese: Hello,I have a problem switching my keyboard layout from French main language of my PC to Japanese. When I try to switch by directly clicking in the taskbar or using keyboard shortcuts, the language does not change at all and stays on French.Important notes: - I have recently...
  4. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  5. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  6. Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...: Hello,Can anyone help me with this?I have OS with Win 10 Enterprise and 21H1 version.Added Japanese keyboard along with language pack installation.But under JA keyboard options I'm not getting the Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 keyboard...
  7. Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 Japanese keyboard is not...: Hello,Can anyone help me with this?I have OS with Win 10 Enterprise and 21H1 version.Added Japanese keyboard along with language pack installation.But under JA keyboard options I'm not getting the Hardware keyboard layout settings to switch b/w 101 and 106 keyboard...
  8. Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10

Japanese keyboard layout in Windows 10: Hi,Hope you're all safe and well.So I live in Japan these days and bought a Japanese laptop. Did a clean install of Windows 10 selecting US English as the primary language. Now all the symbol keys i.e. shift + number {!@#$%^&*} or everything to the right of 0, p, l, or m...
  9. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts: Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to export my custom layout results in error messages like:Warning 1009 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 75: A new scancode is being...
  10. Keyboard Settings/Layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Settings/Layout: My keyboard layout has been changed after using a new computer. " and @ has switched places and my hex has turned into £. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thank you. 53110