Windows 10: hardware keyboard

Discus and support hardware keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I turn on the hardware keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-keyboard/2e4be63f-00d8-4e93-a9a3-bd5eecd56bd1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelaDorigo, Jul 29, 2020.

1. hardware keyboard

how do I turn on the hardware keyboard

:)

AngelaDorigo, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jul 29, 2020
  4. hardware keyboard

Keyboard Compatibility

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the keyboard?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Right click on Keyboard to expand and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Right click on keyboard and click on update
      the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the keyboard manufacturer website and download the latest updated keyboard driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

hardware keyboard

1. hardware keyboard - Similar Threads - hardware keyboard

2. certain keyboard keys glitching/stop working/repeat/jam and I DON'T think that's a hardware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certain keyboard keys glitching/stop working/repeat/jam and I DON'T think that's a hardware...: So, I have a problem with the Q and W keys on my keyboard. This issue started a few weeks ago, when those two keys started malfunctioning, and it ranged from not pressing the key when pressed or putting out a few 2-4 letters on the same press. I tried...
  3. certain keyboard keys glitching/stop working/repeat/jam and I DON'T think that's a hardware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certain keyboard keys glitching/stop working/repeat/jam and I DON'T think that's a hardware...: So, I have a problem with the Q and W keys on my keyboard. This issue started a few weeks ago, when those two keys started malfunctioning, and it ranged from not pressing the key when pressed or putting out a few 2-4 letters on the same press. I tried...
  4. certain keyboard keys glitching/stop working/repeat/jam and I DON'T think that's a hardware...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  6. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  7. No signal to monitor, keyboard, or mouse after new hardware installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitor, keyboard, or mouse after new hardware installation: After installing some new ram and a second hard drive, my computer stopped turning on. I switched out the psu with a more powerful one, and now the computer turns on but I don't get any signal to my monitor, keyboard, or mouse. Per recommendations, I switched out the graphics...
  8. No signal to monitor, keyboard, or mouse after new hardware installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor, keyboard, or mouse after new hardware installation: After installing some new ram and a second hard drive, my computer stopped turning on. I switched out the psu with a more powerful one, and now the computer turns on but I don't get any signal to my monitor, keyboard, or mouse. Per recommendations, I switched out the graphics...
  9. No signal to monitor, keyboard, or mouse after new hardware installation

10. Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.

Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G731GU running Win 10 Home v.22H2 build 19045.2965. A few keys on my keyboard stop working arbitrarily. In particular, the a key often doesn't work, though I sometimes have problems with the 1, the tab and the q. This has been going on for a few...