Windows 10: Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash

Discus and support Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My PC crashes with one screen going black and the second one freezing with whatever I have open at the time, nothing can be done but everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Billsquilliums, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash

Hi,

My PC crashes with one screen going black and the second one freezing with whatever I have open at the time, nothing can be done but everything seems normal once turned on and off by long pressing power button. PC boots in safe mode and brings my to bios. This has happened multiple times before and seemingly for no reason.
    Report from reliability says:

Description:
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 3000040
    Parameter 1: 2
    Parameter 2: ffff80047eb67520
    Parameter 3: 1b0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18363
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 2057

I have tried looking for a fix, but simply cannot find anything. It happens infrequently but is concerning.

Many thanks,

Bill

:)

Billsquilliums, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

Hi Anthony,

Sometimes even newly-bought hardware can be faulty and affect your computer's performance. Have you checked if this error happens when using a different video adapter?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you use the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, which is a built-in troubleshooter specifically built to find and fix common hardware issues. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Hardware & Devices from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

Additionally, this may also be happening due to outdated drivers. Follow the steps in this

article
    to update your drivers, then check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the error disappears after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Jmhadden Win User

Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash

Live Kernel Event caused by hardware error

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎-------------------------------------

10/‎15/‎2019 10:52 AM

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 15e

Parameter 1: 30

Parameter 2: ffffc3071c7ab1a0

Parameter 3: ffffc30716b2c060

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

-------------------------------------

I've been having frequent crashes and traced it back to this log. The only thing I've recently replaced in my PC was the power supply. I did downgrade in wattage but based on the wattage ratings of my other components, it shouldn't be an issue.

Besides the power supply, my only other clue is that in the reliability monitor, it also shows that many instances of "Radeon Settings: Host Application" all show "stopped working". The GPU is still relatively new (8 months), I've tried rolling back to a
    previous state, and I've reinstalled all drivers and tried older versions to see if it's caused by bugs with new drivers.

My PC specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 1700x

GTX 1050 ti

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

Prime x370-Pro Motherboard

Corsair CX450M PSU

Jmhadden, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash

1. Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash - Similar Threads - Hardware Live Kernel

2. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, recently I've bought a new computer and it crashed right when I opened a game. Here's the problem details reported by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-error-caused-live-kernel-event/c3be114f-a709-4bdd-a976-faa0d85605b7
  3. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, recently I've bought a new computer and it crashed right when I opened a game. Here's the problem details reported by windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-error-caused-live-kernel-event/c3be114f-a709-4bdd-a976-faa0d85605b7
  4. Live Kernel Event Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Kernel Event Crash: Hi,Just had a crash again, I have had the same crash at least 5-6 times now. hopefull somebody can help me diagnose this. Ive been getting minor graphical glitches small squares of glitched looking pixels on screen and sometimes in games it loads weird textures on objects and...
  5. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Description - A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎23-‎01-‎2021 02:54 Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature...
  6. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Description - A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Source Windows Summary Hardware error Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffc102468ba010 Parameter 2:...
  7. Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash

Hardware Live Kernel event causing windows 10 version 1909 to crash: Hi, My PC crashes with one screen going black and the second one freezing with whatever I have open at the time, nothing can be done but everything seems normal once turned on and off by long pressing power button. PC boots in safe mode and brings my to bios. This has...
  8. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event Code: 193: Hello, I have a problem my computer sometimes freezes with always the same "hardware problem", I'm really worried that if this continues to happen this will damages my PC, I don't know which hardware that causing this problem, please help me or at least tell me what hardware...
  9. Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event

Hardware Error Caused Live Kernel Event: Hello, I have a problem my computer sometimes freezes with always the same "hardware problem", I'm really worried that if this continue to happen this will damages my PC, I don't know which hardware that causing this problem, please help me or at least tell me what hardware...
  10. Live Kernel Event caused by hardware error

Live Kernel Event caused by hardware error: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎------------------------------------- 10/‎15/‎2019 10:52 AM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code:...