Windows 10: HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!)

Discus and support HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This thread was before put in the wrong forum, as ALL indications are that it is a HARDWARE issue: physical damage to the LCD screen and/or wires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Airider, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Airider Win User

HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!)

This thread was before put in the wrong forum, as ALL indications are that it is a HARDWARE issue: physical damage to the LCD screen and/or wires inside the frame edge. PLEASE help me find out how to PHYSICALLY repair it without replacing the screen (it is an old device) Apology for large bold writing ... but I do not want this put into the wrong forum again: it is NOT related to Windows or Graphic cards ... it is from physical damage to the screen (pls read the entirety below and do some research on the Internet, as I have now done). I have manhandled the screen edge and I need help to repair it (see below for similar damage then showing as lines, not this large nasty spot, lines that have gone away by themself over the 2 years since 2019) Today it was so hot I think I put my finger on the screen and the edge containing the wires to the LC cells. Suddenly this large 3/4" / 2 cm black spot appeared .... almost in the same place where the line was a few years ago. When I gently press on it a light halo appears around it .... that does happen if I press on other parts of the screen, but only barely light, the halo around the dot is much brighter and if I press harder on the black spot the halo goes outward forming a light ring. As noted above, the lines slowly went away during the 2 years since 2019, but the more I think about it, I am convinced I have inadvertently damaged the screen by not being too careful: I have decided that my usual practice of lifting and opening the screen by the edges part-way up on the side is way stupid! That's where all the LCD connections are! And now I see that the indentation in the front center of the keyboard is where one is supposed to lift open the screen. I have seen many pictures of these large black spots on the side but never on top. Anyway, the G2 is fairly old and only my backup device so am very glad I have been lucky so far opening the screen from the sides on my preferred HP Elitebook 840 G3. Well, better late than never to learn the correct way .... ASMR how to properly open and close a laptop lid - YouTube to open to close to close

:)

Airider, Jun 18, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 18, 2021
  3. using a monitor to extend my screen

Hi Lou,

There are several possible reasons why your LCD monitor suddenly stopped working. It could be that the graphic driver is outdated or could be the cable used is already damaged.

For us to isolate this problem, we would like to ask the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates?

In the meantime, please try the following suggestions and see if your laptop will detect the LCD monitor:

• Update the graphic card driver. Check out Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.
    • Use another cable. Try using another VGA cable to connect the LCD monitor to the laptop.
    • Connect the LCD monitor to another computer. To help us isolate the issue, try connecting the LCD monitor to a different computer.

Please let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 18, 2021
  4. HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!)

graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!)

1. HARDWARE problem with LCD screen PHYSICAL damage (NOT "Graphics Card!) - Similar Threads - HARDWARE problem LCD

2. a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility: hii I own a computeri5 12400f - nvidia rtx4060 - 32gb- WIN 11 23H2 and a hp 24fw monitor that I still use until now. Since I started playing games on it , I noticed screen tearing and a sudden black screen for a second in general and every time I open a program in particular...
  3. a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem with the screen and graphics card compatibility: hii I own a computeri5 12400f - nvidia rtx4060 - 32gb- WIN 11 23H2 and a hp 24fw monitor that I still use until now. Since I started playing games on it , I noticed screen tearing and a sudden black screen for a second in general and every time I open a program in particular...
  4. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  5. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  6. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Graphic card problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card problem: performed a new windows 10 install, now graphic card won't connect to smart tv or visa versa? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphic-card-problem/61eeab8f-eb6b-4581-8205-a1e379bc6c69
  8. Graphic Card problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic Card problems: I have been having problems in the past week making me unable to use my graphic card. I have been looking throughout posts and other websites and haven't been able to solve the issue. I'm very confused because I haven't had any problems with my GPU since I got 6 months ago. I...
  9. Strange screen flickering, no physical damage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange screen flickering, no physical damage: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/audiopure110 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdpjmr/strange_screen_flickering_no_physical_damage/
  10. Graphic Card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card problem: My problem is that update my graphics card in a fairly old computer, approximately 2010, then the screen went black, when the screen returned to show images the resolution changed to 1024 x 768, (I must clarify that my resolution was the most high left in windows 10), and I...