Windows 10: Hardware reserved memory issue

Discus and support Hardware reserved memory issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. I have an evga p55sli motherboard and a gtx460 graphics card. I have 8gb of memory installed but in win10 and the bios it only shows 4gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Surgikill, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Surgikill Win User

Hardware reserved memory issue

Hey guys. I have an evga p55sli motherboard and a gtx460 graphics card. I have 8gb of memory installed but in win10 and the bios it only shows 4gb usable. When going into the bios it shows 4096 mb available, and in win10 it shows 4gb usable and 4gb hardware reserved. I tried changing settings in the bios and resetting the cmos to see if that would fix it to no avail. I am unsure if it is an issue with win10 or with the bios seeing as the bios is only seeing 4096 mb. I have had this happen before but I have been able to fix it. Is there something I am missing? I'm king of at a loss. I have taken the sticks out and cleaned them but that didn't help either. Any help is good. Thanks guys.

:)

Surgikill, Jan 28, 2016

2. Hardware Reserved Memory

Thanks for but I'm using a very basic Urdu BIOS where the only thing i can change is the boot order and safe boot settings and set user and supervisor passwords.

All it says is 6 gb of installed memory nothing about video memory although im using an apu...

In msconfig the settings are as you have shown and yes i have tried clean boot and optimized the defaults. Even failsafe mode does not help.

RohanChikkam, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Hardware Reserved Memory

I have been through the process you have stated but unfortunately no luck Hardware reserved memory issue :(

Also this doesnt answer my question about lowering the Hardware Reserved Memory in order to let Windows 10 use more.

RohanChikkam, Jan 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Can you please provide a bit more information so that we can help you?

Do you have 2 memory sticks? Which slots have you put them in? Is your Windows 10 a 32bit or 64 bit installation?

Thanks!

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  5. Surgikill Win User
    64bit. 4x2gb sticks gskill ddr3 1333 timing 8-8-8-21. My next thing I am going to try is removing all the sticks except one and then try them individually in each slot to rule out bad sticks or slots.

Surgikill, Jan 28, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    OK, good plan. Also, it is worth knowing if they are matched or not. Sometimes memory bought later is subtly different even though it may be nominally the same. As you try different combinations see if you can work with two, then try the four. Your motherboard manual shows the preferred way of inserting the sticks:

Hardware reserved memory issue [​IMG]

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  7. Surgikill Win User
    They are exactly the same and recommended by the manufacturer. They have been installed for over a year with no issues and just recently popped up. They are matched.

Surgikill, Jan 28, 2016
  8. Surgikill Win User

So I somehow fixed it. Took the ram out, put it in slots 1 and 3 and it booted. Put it in slots 2,4 didn't boon. Put it in slots 1,2,3 and it booted showing 6gb. Put the last stick in slot 4 and it booted showing 8gb. Don't know what happened.

Surgikill, Jan 28, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    That is exactly what I would expect. Slot 1 has to be filled for the memory to be detected which is why slots 2 and 4 did not work. Glad it's now fixed!

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  10. stormy13 Win User
    Could have been something as simple as a bit of dust or whatever managed to get into one of the slots and causing the problem. Then with taking them out, dislodged whatever was there.

Aren't computers wonderful.

stormy13, Jan 28, 2016
  11. Surgikill Win User
    The funny thing is slot 1 was filled before.

Surgikill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware reserved memory issue - Similar Threads - Hardware reserved memory

2. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in...
  3. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in...
  4. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved memory: Hi - my 8GB of ram has been reduced down to 6GB because 2GB of it is hardware reserved. I've tried swapping the sticks around 2 sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666, I've tried Windows Memory Diagnostics, and even looked at the maximum memory option in msconfig. Both sticks of memory are...
  5. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved memory: Hi - my 8GB of ram has been reduced down to 6GB because 2GB of it is hardware reserved. I've tried swapping the sticks around 2 sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666, I've tried Windows Memory Diagnostics, and even looked at the maximum memory option in msconfig. Both sticks of memory are...
  6. Hardware reserved memory!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware reserved memory!: First I need o say that I use windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I have Ryzen 5 3500U and 8GB ramAsus ZenBook, UX431DA! I said all that information because I tried to do all from Flash my BIOS, Edit somethind in regedit or msconfig, and runned maintenance task! I have 8 gb ram 2x4 and...
  7. Hardware reserved memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware reserved memory: Hello. i just purchased a lenovo ideapad l340 laptop with 8GB RAM 4GB built in and 4GB in one slot im running windows 10 64bit my bios reads the full 8GB RAM and so does my windows, but it says only 5.88 are usuable and 2.1 are hardware reserved my games are reading it as...
  8. Hardware reserve memory

Hardware reserve memory: I am using a Ryzen 5 3500u processor with Windows 10 As per the specification RAM 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM onboard for Hard Drive: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD I see 2.1 GB as memory reserve for Hardware. the manufacturer HP says this how the product has been manufactured. But...
  9. Hardware Reserved Memory

Hardware Reserved Memory: Hello everyone, my computer specs are as follows: AMD FX 8350 CPU ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard AMD Radeon R200 270X Gskill 2x8gb 1600hz RAM I have 64 bit Windows 10 pro OS I have the problem that makes half of my RAM 4.1 GB to be exact hardware reserved and cannot be...
  10. "hardware reserved" memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "hardware reserved" memory.: Recently booted up my pc after a bios reset (computer blue screened) and I noticed a lack in performance compare to my computer's normal speed. Looked in task manager and it is classing 8gb of my 16 that's installed as "hardware reserved". I'd like to know why this is, what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia gt730 hardware reserved memory