Windows 10: Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

Discus and support Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Talos kell, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup with a change of ram12 gb from now and it still this problemmost of time that ive tried to fix it the system used to crashes with artifactsand then it just went back to this state, now that i installed this new one just goes like this and im pretty sure that i dont know what else to do.im open to hear any help from this site and hoping that it would work.it doesnt matter if its on spanish or english i just need help

:)

Talos kell, Sep 24, 2022

2. Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!

I'm not an AMD user so I don't know if its true that you're not allowed to boot with only 1 DIMM in the 2nd channel but I I know that's not true with Intel. So I would check to make sure the slot for that channel is clean.

Can you run RWEverything Write Everything and save (press F2 or click the single floppy disk icon) the information from
    • Access->SMBIOS Structures
    • Access->PCI, Bus 00, Device 00, Function 00
    • Access->E820 Report (this may give an error message depending on whether you booted with UEFI or not)

Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help. [​IMG]

Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help. [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Sep 24, 2022
  3. eckimz Win User
    Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!

So here's the thing, I'm going to start saying that I'm reading has hours thru loads of forums. I sure this one is the most detailed and organized one.

Next, I'll put my computer setup first:
    Processor: amd fx 8150 3,6ghz
    Memory: x2 4gb ddr3
    Graphic card: GTX 1060 exoc white 6gb
    Motherboard: N68-GS4 FX

[YOU CAN SKIP TO THIRD PROBLEM IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW *Roflmao2]
    Second, well, the STORY!
    My graphic card fried and I bought new one, so I started up new, reboot windows and stuff.
    SO FINALLY GOT A GTX 1060 I know it's been hard to find graphic cards in USA, Europe (2018) due crypto mining, I actually had to import one, couldn't find any available in my country (Brazil). LOL

Third, the PROBLEM!
    So, it's pretty much the thread title, I have 4gb being used for hardware reserved memory, I basically can't play nothing, it hurts to open youtube and some tabs on browser *Huh
    I noticed my memory is on Single-Channel Memory Mode. I do not know how to change it.

Fourth, the trying to fix.
    Yes sir, I've read a lot of these problems here, on youtube, on other forums, I'm not pro on it, so take easy with me, please! *Redface
    Here are the things and links of stuff I've read and tried (more than once).
    Hardware Reserved Memory issue, common fixes don't seem to have worked
    Hardware Reserved Memory 5.5GB
    Hardware reserved memory issue
    Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)
    8GB (3.9GB Usable), Windows 10 x64 Bit

Little resume: I tried to use setting on regedit (some values, I undo and reboot it after not working), msconfig (marked, unmarked, all the same, nothing changes), btw I installed windows x4, just for sure it was not corrupt windows .iso, so I tried x3 pro x64 bit and now I'm running Enterpriser, not planning on installing windows again so soon *Think. Yes, I tried let windows use my virtual memory config, was already marked, I also tried to set it, also did not work. I did update the bios. All drivers updated. Tried sfc /scannow, all good too.

And finally, what do I think overviewing all of it.
    The only thing I did not understood how to do it was the test about: iGPU might be using memory ram, cause probably was used at the computer shop when were looking my old graphic card. (I do not wanna go back and stay without my computer another day!!! Rather stay like this for a while, ffs, been long time without it, netflix working good hahaha).
    So what I looked into my BIOS was to set my PCIe as primary instead of the iGPU. But I do not understand much of whatelse there is left to do. I can just cry about this BIOS, seems like there is nothing *cry I took photos of related to memory ram and graphic card. (I reseted the BIOS and I didn't tried OC ever).

Reminder: the only different thing in this computer is the GPU, the rest was working fine before, I have this same memory sticks for a while.

Physical tests!!!
    Oh yes, almost forgot. I tested my memory sticks, they're working. I tried each at the first slot. I read somewhere that if I put at the second slot, might not work and indeed, both my memory sticks didn't work on the second slot of my motherboard. But they both worked each alone. This motherboard has 4 months. My computer is clean, no dust, the computer fixer did that. Yes, my motherboard has only 2 slots for memory cards, budget motherboard *Huh
    Tbh, was the only one I could find on demand for amd3+, wasn't feeling waiting 12 days to shipment haha

Here are some photos of my BIOS.

So, what do you think I could do to fix? *Sad Halpppp

eckimz, Sep 24, 2022
  4. eckimz Win User

Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!

Well Ken, is 1.50v high? I'm not sure. xD

Hi Polar, I will search this memtest86, I've looked quickly but I'm afraid I don't have enough time to do it right now.
    But here's the SPD of 2nd slot.

eckimz, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

1. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help. - Similar Threads - Hardware reserved memory

2. Hardware reserved memory too high in Windows; How to reduce?

in Windows 10 News
    Hardware reserved memory too high in Windows; How to reduce?: [IMG]Hardware Reserved Memory is part of a computer’s physical memory or Random Access Memory (RAM), which is set aside for system hardware like the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) and other allied low-level system resources. Reserved Memory aids in the seamless functioning of...
  3. I dont know whats causing this Problem! I need as much help as possible!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know whats causing this Problem! I need as much help as possible!!: So basically everytime i launch any fps game like valorant or csgo it straight up crashes after some time some times in a minute and sometimes after an hourand i really dont know whats causing the problem. i downloaded whocrashed and it shows me stuff i dont understand. id...
  4. I dont know whats causing this Problem! I need as much help as possible!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know whats causing this Problem! I need as much help as possible!!: So basically everytime i launch any fps game like valorant or csgo it straight up crashes after some time some times in a minute and sometimes after an hourand i really dont know whats causing the problem. i downloaded whocrashed and it shows me stuff i dont understand. id...
  5. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.: So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup with a change of ram12 gb from now and it still this problemmost of time that ive tried to fix it the system used to crashes...
  6. Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware reserved memory too high, Maybe a GPU problem? i dont know, but what i need is help.: So, ive had this laptop for over like almost 2 years and this is the first time it happens.I thought at first it was my ram problem and did a cleanup with a change of ram12 gb from now and it still this problemmost of time that ive tried to fix it the system used to crashes...
  7. i need help ! i dont know what to do now..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help ! i dont know what to do now..: Goodevening Moderators!So yesterday an update failed on my windows 10 laptop lenovo ideapad 320and today i cant access display setting in system settings, cant adjust the birghtness it closes automatically if i click on it.the Intel uhd graphics 620 is also getting an error...
  8. high memory usage from ??? i dont know what

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high memory usage from ??? i dont know what: ive posted here before cause i had antimalware service executable using too much memory. i got rid of that, but the problem stays. ive tried many other methods like: turning off some startup programs i dont need (and theres just 1 that i need and its barely anything) ive...
  9. Hardware Reserved Memory is Overly High!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Reserved Memory is Overly High!: [ATTACH] As you can see, my laptop hardware reserved memory is eating my ram. my laptop spec: 1 System: Windows 10 2 Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 3 Manufacturer: Acer 4 Model: Aspire A315-41 5 Type: x64-based PC 6 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega...
  10. Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Reserved Memory issue: need help with my BIOS maybe?!: So here's the thing, I'm going to start saying that I'm reading has hours thru loads of forums. I sure this one is the most detailed and organized one. Next, I'll put my computer setup first: Processor: amd fx 8150 3,6ghz Memory: x2 4gb ddr3 Graphic card: GTX 1060 exoc...