Windows 10: hardware troubleshooting

Discus and support hardware troubleshooting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a crash code pop up that had : Video TDR Failure in it. It did not leave a critical event, even though it caused it to totally reboot. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LighttoTheDark, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hardware troubleshooting

I had a crash code pop up that had : Video TDR Failure in it.

It did not leave a critical event, even though it caused it to totally reboot.

the bugcheck it left was : 0x00000116 0xffffc585357c8010, 0xfffff8018f2501ec, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004.

It says there was a dump saved in C:\windows\memory.dmp that file, does not exist

This computer is under warranty yet, but I am trying to figure out how to prove what is wrong to them.

Long story short, about a year ago my graphics seemed to die; about 3 months ago I sent it in to be "fixed." They did a factory software reset and sent it back.

IT CRASHED THE FIRST DAY. and it "TESTED GOOD"

I have had several other crash codes.

One was a Kernal Memory issue.
    It usually restarts so fast that I don't even have time to snap a picture of the code.

What I can say about this laptop, is that it ran hot from the day I got it. Hot enough during some gameplay that you would darn near burn your fingertips on the WASD.

Another problem it has; there is a HDMI port for running ya know HD graphics through, it does not function properly. The screen you plug into will basically flash on an off like it is getting power and loosing it all the time.

What can I use to prove the graphics is faulty?

I have had the drivers updated, does not seem to change a thing, other than it ... lengthens the time it will run before crashing a bit.. but.. not allot.. It will still crash.

:)

LighttoTheDark, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 23, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

hardware troubleshooting

An error occured while troubleshooting. Hardware and Devices.

Hello,

Possible reason why you are getting this error is because of hardware conflict. For us to know more about this, please answer the following:

• Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

John Fer, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

hardware troubleshooting

1. hardware troubleshooting - Similar Threads - hardware troubleshooting

2. Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...: Hi -1. Purchased my PC with 11 Pro start of year2. Immediately encountered issues so sent it back for repair3. Encountered activation issue RE: windows Product ID wouldn't work and troubleshoot fairly useless in my experience - so thtat didn't do much; contacted the vendor...
  3. Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 11 Pro after hardware change - troubleshoot doesn't help and all roads...: Hi -1. Purchased my PC with 11 Pro start of year2. Immediately encountered issues so sent it back for repair3. Encountered activation issue RE: windows Product ID wouldn't work and troubleshoot fairly useless in my experience - so thtat didn't do much; contacted the vendor...
  4. Cannot activate windows after hardware change, Troubleshooter error, cannot contact support...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows after hardware change, Troubleshooter error, cannot contact support...: Hello,Pretty much as the title states. I am very disappointed because i've been in a loop of troubleshoots and "contact us" and "contact us" when I can't even do that because my country is not supported. As if we can't speak English here. Chat is unavailable it seems anymore,...
  5. Cannot activate windows after hardware change, Troubleshooter error, cannot contact support...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows after hardware change, Troubleshooter error, cannot contact support...: Hello,Pretty much as the title states. I am very disappointed because i've been in a loop of troubleshoots and "contact us" and "contact us" when I can't even do that because my country is not supported. As if we can't speak English here. Chat is unavailable it seems anymore,...
  6. Cannot activate windows after hardware change, Troubleshooter error, cannot contact support...

7. How do I get a passkey for hardware troubleshoot.

How do I get a passkey for hardware troubleshoot.: I'm trying to run the hardware troubleshoot, it tells "A passkey is requried from support professional" for hardware troubleshoot.The purpose is to solve below issue:1. Unknow USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed2. Unknow USB Device Link in Compliance ModeThanks...
  8. How do I get a passkey for hardware troubleshoot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a passkey for hardware troubleshoot.: I'm trying to run the hardware troubleshoot, it tells "A passkey is requried from support professional" for hardware troubleshoot.The purpose is to solve below issue:1. Unknow USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed2. Unknow USB Device Link in Compliance ModeThanks...
  9. Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop: Hello,I am attempting to scan all the hardware a custom pc that overheated, so i can see what is salvageable for a new custom pc, and what had to be tossed. I was going to scan every part with a separate laptop. Is there a program I can use on said laptop to scan the...
  10. Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop

Scanning and troubleshooting Hardware on a Custom PC with separate Laptop: Hello,I am attempting to scan all the hardware a custom pc that overheated, so i can see what is salvageable for a new custom pc, and what had to be tossed. I was going to scan every part with a separate laptop. Is there a program I can use on said laptop to scan the...