Windows 10: Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

Discus and support Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,All... I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on. 1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raner, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Raner Win User

Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

Hi,All...
    I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on.
    1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to my WiFi
    until I enter my password, right...
    2) Windows 10 needs an internet connection to see a hardware change, right...
    The reason for the two questions is because I want to keep using my PC till
    a new water block I just ordered comes in, looks like it will show up in 5 days.
    I got a new motherboard, CPU, GPU, Ram and m.2 Pcie mvme drive and have a good PSU. I also
    have a clone of my C drive it's a copy of the PC I'm on right now.
    I put the above pieces together and it posted just fine.
    I want to connect the SSD which contains the copy of my windows 10 to the hardware
    I just bench tested. Because I can get a lot done while I'm waiting for the piece I ordered
    The thing is, I don't want windows 10 to see I have new hardware installed until I
    put all the pieces in my case.

:)

Raner, Jun 23, 2019

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& Upgrade!)

Dear Santa,

I want to upgrade my primary PC this year, my MB/CPU is almost 5 years old now, and I've got the upgrade itch.

It's going to be built around an unlocked Ivy Bridge CPU, namely the 3770k

But first, I've got a few questions for you:

• What chipsets support that CPU? I think the X79 and X77?
    • Is the 3770k going to be replaced with a better model, better stepping, etc in 2012 or early 2013?
    Oh and is the world going to end in Dec 2012?

Thx,
    Little Johnny

Sasqui, Jun 23, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions - Similar Threads - Hardware Upgrade questions

2. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  3. Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two questions about upgrading to Windows 11: What does these two things mean?1. This PC must support Secure Boot2. TPM 2.0 must be supported. I looked on bing and confused myself even more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-questions-about-upgrading-to-windows-11/d3a051db-cca3-4b13-961b-d1e64ee135ae
  4. Two questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions.: openssh SSH server what exactly is it and in services what is SshdBroker, description is <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 > . submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdbpsy/two_questions/
  5. I have two questions . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have two questions . . .: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro . . . The first question, is simple. How do you make the desktop icons bigger? This question, is really a big one for me . . . I click on a song, and a window opens . . . Before you click to fill, the screen. There are the...
  6. i have two questions for two game si have. can youhelp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have two questions for two game si have. can youhelp?: im using the cd 2004 version of doom 3. im having problem where i can't install or anything for doom 3. it says: "there is already a version of this product on here"? then for the disc, it says : "error code 1625?" what do those mean? how do i find the original version on...
  7. Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Upgrade, Have two questions: Hi,All... I'm placing the questions first, then I'll let you know what is going on. 1) My new motherboard has WiFi. My question is it can't connect to my WiFi until I enter my password, right... 2) Windows 10 needs an internet connection to see a hardware change, right......
  8. Two questions,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two questions,: 1.Where do i get the Realtek Hd Audio manager at? It was on this system before but after i had to reinstall windows now its not installed, so i have no speakers none what so ever, is there a place to download it? 2. For some reason when i restart my computer it goes to the...
  9. Activation after hardware upgrade (two versions)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after hardware upgrade (two versions): Recently upgraded PC with new Mobo and CPU Verified that Windows 10 was activated prior to change over and install. Used USB bootable from Windows to install. Install went fine and logged into Microsoft account but Windows won't activate In the MS account devices page, I...
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197