Windows 10: Hardware upgrade of motherboard and added windows 10 pro

Discus and support Hardware upgrade of motherboard and added windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard and windows 10 to pro, I had to return a defective motherboard, after installing the new motherboard and using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by matteads, Jan 31, 2021.

1. matteads Win User

Hardware upgrade of motherboard and added windows 10 pro

I recently upgraded my motherboard and windows 10 to pro, I had to return a defective motherboard, after installing the new motherboard and using my regular windows 10 key I can't switch to pro, my ms windows 10 pro purchase was through the Microsoft store and looking though my purchase history, I just show the purchase and no key code. How do I update my system to windows 10 pro?

:)

matteads, Jan 31, 2021

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Hardware upgrade of motherboard and added windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Hardware upgrade motherboard

2. 0xc004c020 after upgrade. Windows 10 Pro to windows 11 Motherboard BIOS. Hardware change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc004c020 after upgrade. Windows 10 Pro to windows 11 Motherboard BIOS. Hardware change...: I bought a key online in 2019. Been great so far for Windows 10 Pro. Windows 11 update kept being pushed. "Upgrade now all new improved microsoft windows 11!!" Decided to try it. Went fine. Then a few problems. Ok, lets see what the tech support can do. about 5 different...
  3. 0xc004c020 after upgrade. Windows 10 Pro to windows 11 Motherboard BIOS. Hardware change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc004c020 after upgrade. Windows 10 Pro to windows 11 Motherboard BIOS. Hardware change...: I bought a key online in 2019. Been great so far for Windows 10 Pro. Windows 11 update kept being pushed. "Upgrade now all new improved microsoft windows 11!!" Decided to try it. Went fine. Then a few problems. Ok, lets see what the tech support can do. about 5 different...
  4. Hardware upgrade motherboard + cpu + memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware upgrade motherboard + cpu + memory: Can I upgrade my motherboard and CPU running my existing Windows 10 PRO OS and boot from existing connected SSD or do I need to purchase new Windows OS?...
  5. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard: I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would...
  6. How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade (motherboard) if the troubleshooting...: Hello, I bought some years ago an Asus VivoPC K20CD with an integrated Windows 10 family edition licence. Recently, I did change it's motherboard and it's RAM stick and had the text in the right corner of my screen asking me to Activate windows by accessing to the...
  7. Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!: I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter, selecing that I...
  8. Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hardware, windows 10 Pro RETAIL not activiating: Hello forum, I've read through many of the posts regarding activation after hardware changes. I replaced everything except hard drives and DVD writer. Despite having a retail channel version upgrade from Windows 7 Pro, activation throws 0xC004C003., which seems to be a key...
  9. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change (motherboard, CPU, RAM): The first thing I did before I change my setup was I linked my microsoft account to windows 10 so that I could have my activation connect to my microsoft account. Today, I try to reactivate windows with the windows 10 settings activation troubleshooter and I said that it is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Unactivated After Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

Windows 10 Pro Unactivated After Upgrading Motherboard and CPU: I've tried troubleshooting like the website had told me to and it did not help. I originally had Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and now it says I need to activate windows. I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and heatsink and I used the computer for a few hours and only now the activate...