Windows 10: Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update

Discus and support Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doenr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7ap43/hardware_vendors_can_now_push_manual_driver/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/doenr, Feb 21, 2020.

1. /u/doenr Win User

Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update

/u/doenr, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Need help updating hardware/software

The OP hasn't listed their OS, which makes a difference.
    If it is Windows 10 he shouldn't have to update any drivers manually.

Caring1, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

setting it up on a laptop and having everything work without needing outdated drivers from the manufs website is amazing, and i generally just update graphics driver and wifi driver on top (in which case W10 has been great and gotten the most recent for both, anyway)

Mussels, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update - Similar Threads - Hardware vendors push

2. Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!: I've been pulling my hair out recently over what I thought was the GPU dying in my laptop but in the past day I have found out its driver related. Basically the issue is that my GPU would stop working and "disappear" from my laptop when it would go over ~30% usage Including...
  3. Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates: Driver publishing can be complicated. Optional drivers have various methods of acquisition, which creates confusion. Starting now we are making changes to streamline things a bit. All partners will now be able to publish drivers as automatic! This grants access to driver...
  4. Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows pushed a new nvidia driver via update: Just checked windows updates manually and a new nvidia driver got pushed. I never update them myself but got a big leap in version number to 432.00. Anyone else getting the same? Some brief testing seems fine in aftermath but I tried googling and even checking the gpu thread...
  5. how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update?: how to uninstall drivers that was pushed via windows update? [ATTACH] This driver update increased the CPU usage by 30% The process that started using CPU is "system" Please assists. Laptop Model - HP Omen CE073TX [ATTACH]...
  6. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?: Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead. http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Please take a look at...
  7. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?: Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead. http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Please take a look at...
  8. Can I manually push through other updates while a Windows 10 1803 update is running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I manually push through other updates while a Windows 10 1803 update is running: I have 2 updates that haven't been installed on my Toshiba computer yet, one from February and one from March. The windows 10 1803 update is still running. Can I manually push these through and if so, how do I do it?...
  9. MS pushed an update and now what?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS pushed an update and now what?!: So prior to today i had no problems with the functionability of my laptop, but when i turned it on i was forced into an update screen and by the time it was done my whole operating system (i think?) has been wiped and i literally cannot do ANYTHING!! I dont know what to do, I...
  10. Unable to install windows updates via updater or manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install windows updates via updater or manually: Good day! I am stumped and at the end of my rope--- for a while now I have had some issues with windows not updating, plus the troubleshooter wont work.. (any of them). yesterday I downloaded the media creation tool and created an ISO image and reinstalled windows keeping my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 push vendor updates