Windows 10: Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

Discus and support Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,My desktop uses Ethernet cable for internet as it has no wifi card. As of a month ago, the internet seemingly connected instantly when I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jjones5815, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

Hi all,My desktop uses Ethernet cable for internet as it has no wifi card. As of a month ago, the internet seemingly connected instantly when I would start up my computer allowing for the few startup programs I do run to open and run fine. However, the last month or so it has been taking much longer to connect, well over a minute. I thought it might be something I downloaded along the way, so I've tried starting the computer in safe mode with networking and started it in a "clean boot" with all my startup programs disabled, but the problem continues to occur in both instances. I also ran a fu

:)

jjones5815, Aug 22, 2021

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Fresh install of 10 and 8 no connection available/error651, hardwired.

Attempting clean install of both 8 and 10 trials over an xp. When booted into xp hardwire works boot into either 8 or 10 no connection error 651. I've trouble shooted thru all the steps here to no avail, [link removed] . Not sure where to try next, can't evaluate them if i cant connect. It's definatly not the modem/router, as we have a number of other devices that are active and it cant be the wire being broken, same 4 wires all work from the xp partition and on 2 other machines when hardwired. Any ideas anyone might have to solve this issue, dont want to uninstall the xp till im sure the 8 or 10 will function on this machine but cant use the xp for various reasons(freeze ups,slow,nonresponsive). Am I missing something, ive done this rebuild thing with a number of laptops never a desktop that had to be hardwired do i need to disable something in xp? Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

ms plzfixit, Aug 22, 2021
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow

1. Hardwired internet on desktop connects very slow - Similar Threads - Hardwired internet desktop

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. hardwired internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hardwired internet connection: i have a few laptops hooked up to a spectrum cable modem through a linksys befsr41 router..no wifi.too frequently after being after being away from my laptops i'll go to access the internet and cannot reach the sites.this problem is always rectified by rebooting the linksys...
  4. Very Slow Internet Connection

Very Slow Internet Connection: Hello Everyone, My internet connection in my PC is too slow, I can't even download 1MB file from the browser. I actually get the exact speed that my ISP offers in my other devices, but in this PC internet connection speed is always around 1.5mbps. It affects all the...
  5. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved): For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  6. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow: I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using the Dell laptop is...
  8. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  9. Internet is very slow on desktop PC

Internet is very slow on desktop PC: I have 2 PCs, a desktop and a laptop... Ever since I got the desktop in Feb 2015, i've been noticing internet speed issues, but always too lazy to deal with it. Finally i'm tired of it now lol. So the actual physical internet connection isn't the issue, I get anywhere between...
  10. Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Internet connection very slow, speed normal.: Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect. My wife's laptop...