Windows 10: Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet

Discus and support Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Surface Book 2, and ever since a recent update back in June my device has been unable to access the internet.It acknowledges available WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zary'yaCorbin, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet

I have a Surface Book 2, and ever since a recent update back in June my device has been unable to access the internet.It acknowledges available WiFi connections, but cannot reach the net itself.

I've tried eveything, and i mean EVERYTHING. System resets, command prompts, resetting the router, uninstalling and reintalling the network adapter, troubleshooting, etc. But this seems to be a problem with Windows rather than a problem with my device. Microsoft even confirmed that my device is one of the few that may have been negatively affected by this recent, harmful update.

But it's been a month with no improvement or updates on the matter. No one I contact can seem to help me, and I want to know if anyone else is having the same issue. Is there any word on this being fixed, and if not, will I have to trade my computer in?? This was so sudden and has really interrupted my ability to work.

:)

Zary'yaCorbin, Jul 13, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jul 13, 2020
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet

1. Harmful Windows 10 Update; impossible to connect to internet - Similar Threads - Harmful Update impossible

2. Updating Windows is impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows is impossible: Trying to update my Windows 10 21H2 but it is not working. The download will stuck at 99 and does nothing at all. When I check it on the next day it goes back to zero and need to download again then stuck at 99. Unfortunately I dont have anti-virus program only defender so I...
  3. Updating Windows is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Windows is impossible: Trying to update my Windows 10 21H2 but it is not working. The download will stuck at 99 and does nothing at all. When I check it on the next day it goes back to zero and need to download again then stuck at 99. Unfortunately I dont have anti-virus program only defender so I...
  4. Updating Windows is impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Slow internet speed results in impossible updates

Slow internet speed results in impossible updates: Hey community & maybe microsoft, i currently have the issue where i cannot update anything through microsoft while i have a slow connection speed, such as windows update & items through the windows store. When i try to do so, itll go through a long period where it...
  6. Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update - Cannot Connect to Internet: My computer updated last night with KB 4559309. Now it will connect to the router, but will not connect to the internet. The taskbar indicator shows the world with 'x'. I have 3 other computers, both wireless and LAN connected, that all work fine. I have tried: Reset...
  7. Impossible to update windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Impossible to update windows 10.: My version of windows 10 is getting old at this point, i think its a build from 2018 so im trying to update it. however, nothing ive tried to far has worked. Windows update gives error "0x80070003" and refuses to do anything else (ive tried every solution from the top two...
  8. Window 10 updates is impossible to install

Window 10 updates is impossible to install: After many hours following instructions, repeating many times the same steps of freeing disk space and assigning an external storage device, I used a 1TB USB thumb drive. I thought I did it, when it say installing updates, computer will be restarting several time, which it...
  9. is this update harmful for the windows pc

is this update harmful for the windows pc: Hey There Everybody Today i formatted my laptop and installed the windows 10 from what i am hearing from news is that the new update keeps on crashing and the worst part is that i got this blue screen error every time i use the laptop within period of time it says bad pool...
  10. Impossible to update Windows 10

Impossible to update Windows 10: Hello, I have an Acer Aspire E5 575 33BM laptop loaded with Windows 10. Recently I have had the 100% disk usage problem and have suspected it is because my Windows has failed to update since the beginning of 2018. I immediately updated all the available updates except for the...