Windows 10: Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...

Discus and support Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hard drive crashed on system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win 10 Product ID. Is there any way to recover with Win 7 Product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by S Brown2, Jan 31, 2023.

1. S Brown2 Win User

Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...

Hard drive crashed on system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win 10 Product ID. Is there any way to recover with Win 7 Product code?

:)

S Brown2, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 31, 2023
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win... - Similar Threads - Hartd drive crashedon

2. Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...: Hard drive crashed on system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win 10 Product ID. Is there any way to recover with Win 7 Product code?...
  3. Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hartd drive crashedon system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win...: Hard drive crashed on system with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. Do not have the Win 10 Product ID. Is there any way to recover with Win 7 Product code?...
  4. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  5. Windows Upgrade from Win 7

Windows Upgrade from Win 7: Back in November last year I, after much pestering and MS giving me new upgrade software about 18 months before that, I finally upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. My win 7 software was Win 7 professional boxed NEW with product key and was loaded on my computer Jan/Feb 2006 and...
  6. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  7. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  8. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  9. windows 10 upgrade from win. 7

windows 10 upgrade from win. 7: Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor OxC1900101-Ox2000D Installation Failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during the MIGRATE_DATA operation....
  10. win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7: What is going on with these latest win 10 updates? First it was my laptop, now its my desktop. It seems that win 10 is making older systems experience various problems. Drivers are getting code 12; because they need updating for win 10. Because of this I have had to go back...