Windows 10: Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?

Discus and support Has a Microsoft account become mandatory? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I bought a laptop with Win 10 Pro in 2016. It's now running 2004. I bought a desktop with Win 10 Home in 2017. It's now running 1809. Neither of them... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by margrave55, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?

I bought a laptop with Win 10 Pro in 2016. It's now running 2004.
    I bought a desktop with Win 10 Home in 2017. It's now running 1809.

Neither of them has a Microsoft account.
    I don't have one. I don't want one. Not ever. Not ever. Not ever.
    Both boxes simply have my name as one account and my wife's name as the other.

In the future, if I buy a new Win 10 box (or if I update the existing boxes to newer releases of Win 10), will I be required to create a Microsoft account?

I get the impression that MS is forcing this to be so.

:)

margrave55, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Has a Microsoft account become mandatory?

1. Has a Microsoft account become mandatory? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft account

2. Microsoft has become a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has become a scam: I have used Microsoft and windows since they first came into the computing scene and it seems that after Vista came and went bust, Microsoft decided that they had wasted enough money on developing new products and instead simply whittle away at its own usefulness and replace...
  3. Microsoft has become a scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has become a scam: I have used Microsoft and windows since they first came into the computing scene and it seems that after Vista came and went bust, Microsoft decided that they had wasted enough money on developing new products and instead simply whittle away at its own usefulness and replace...
  4. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  5. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  6. will the windows 2004 update become mandatory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will the windows 2004 update become mandatory: I believe I have stopped automatic 2004 update so it should not install, at least for 30 days. Is there a setting that will allow ordinary monthly Microsoft security and cumulative updates be automatically installed as they are readied?...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  8. Mouse has become erratic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse has become erratic: Hello please can someone help me??? I can't find any answers that have worked. My mouse keeps moving itself to the top right hand side of my screen and clicking on its own. Yesterday it was the left side and it kept closing my web pages. today its closing my Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft mandatory and other communications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mandatory and other communications: I have added a new email address in my Microsoft account and I need to delete the old email address, because I will no longer have access to it in a few days. Unfortunately, my communications are attached to the old email address and I cannot shift them to the new email...
  10. Installation has forced a mandatory password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installation has forced a mandatory password: so I put 10 in my family computer and now my computer is forced to use my live password as a mandatory password, and there is no way to remove it. So I am asking, how do I remove the Mandatory password, because it is beyond grotesque something else dictates how I manage my...