Windows 10: Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command?

Discus and support Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Envioronment: Windows 10 profession 1909 I use the command remove-windowsupdate to remove an update, it shows me the error message as below. PS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slqleozhang, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command?

Envioronment: Windows 10 profession 1909
    I use the command remove-windowsupdate to remove an update, it shows me the error message as below.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Remove-WindowsUpdate -KBArticleID KB5000908
    Remove-WindowsUpdate : SLQB1IT01: Unknown failure. Try debug.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Remove-WindowsUpdate -KBArticleID KB5000908
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : CloseError: : [Remove-WindowsUpdate], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Unknown,PSWindowsUpdate.RemoveWindowsUpdate

The update can be listed and removed in GUI.

Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command? 041826a2-2071-4998-8b2a-7bdef3b74bca?upload=true.png

How can I get it fixed?

Thanks,

Leo

:)

slqleozhang, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command?

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command?

1. Has any encountered problem to remove update using powershell remove-windowsupdate command? - Similar Threads - Has encountered problem

2. Removing powershell 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing powershell 7: I want to remove powershell 7 which I installed on my systemThis message has been automatically translated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-powershell-7/ab1f7207-9720-4eeb-a6db-4d1949f2a555
  3. Removing powershell 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing powershell 7: I want to remove powershell 7 which I installed on my systemThis message has been automatically translated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-powershell-7/ab1f7207-9720-4eeb-a6db-4d1949f2a555
  4. App removal with PowerShell !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  5. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  6. App removal with PowerShell !

7. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  8. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  9. Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?: I don't care how jank the solution is, whether it involves a custom toolbar application, or whatever. Is there any way at all to remove the DWM.exe process, or the V-Sync caused by this process at all in Windows 10? I know it's heavily baked into the OS, but I'm perfectly...
  10. Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to totally remove Powershell 5 and Command Prompt from Windows 10? I just...: I just installed Powershell 7 and I'm quite impressed by it. Now I want to get rid of redundant applications like Powershell 5 and Command Prompt totally even from the context menus of start and explorer and so that I can have Powershell 7 as the one and only terminal in my...