Windows 10: Has any one else had their Sound Blaster Z card just suddenly stop working?

Discus and support Has any one else had their Sound Blaster Z card just suddenly stop working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new Antec GX200 (purchased in September 2018 - with Windows 10 64bit Home pre-installed) with 16GB RAM into which I installed (on my one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ex MS Fan, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Ex MS Fan Win User

Has any one else had their Sound Blaster Z card just suddenly stop working?

I have a brand new Antec GX200 (purchased in September 2018 - with Windows 10 64bit Home pre-installed) with 16GB RAM into which I installed (on my one and only PCIe x1 slot) a Sound Blaster Z audio card (SB) to accomodate my brilliant Logitech Z960 5.1 speaker system.

At first, I could not really have hoped for better but suddenly one day (after only a few weeks), there was no sound. Looking in "Sounds" in the hope of finding the culprit mis-setting the problem got very curiouos when the SB card was nowhere to be seen (although in Device Manager it was there and reported to be operating normally). I uninstalled my SB software (hoping a reinstall might sort things) but to no avail. On re-installing, despite the Device Manager stating the card was there and working Creative's own SB software refused to reinstall on the grounds it could not detect a product.

SB support suggest I set my ROM Priority in my BIOS to "Legacy Only" (switching it away from UEFI only) which did nothing. Then they suggested I set my Erp in my BIOS. That did not good.

In the end they, at my request, they suggested their Omni Surround 5.1 card as a better alternative because it, "has a higher chance of getting detected that the Sound Blaster Z". They stated their SB Z card, "was released on 2012 and the GA-A320M-S2H was released on 2017" but do not state same for the Omni 5.1?

Anybody find any of this familiar? Anyone found a work around? Would I be best to dump the Z card (and take the loss) and if so, what is the best card I can have (bearing in mind I already have a fairly complicated speaker system with its own control panel). It must be a PCIe x1 as I have no other spare expansion slots. I am not a gamer so I want a good card (to do justice to the speakers) but preferably not one I have to spend a fortune on. I would like a modern card so that these (age related?) issues do not re-occur for some time?

:)

Ex MS Fan, Dec 11, 2018

2. Sound Blaster Z does not work after lastest windows Update

After the lastest Major windows update to windows 10 My Sound Blaster Z no longer works. I have tired uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. I have ran the troubleshooting program. Nothing works. I have the latest drivers from the Sound blaster
    website. None of the fixes listed on this site work for this issue and If I choose the Nvidia sound, the NVidia sound works. I have tried disabling that to see if there is a conflict and still no sound. What did Microsoft change in the last update the
    messed up sounds cards and how do I fix it.

Robert Gadziemski, Dec 11, 2018
  3. fulvioval Win User
    Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Thanks for the answer fireberd!

I tried this without sucess:
    -check playback device
    -check volume
    -check onboard soundcard disable
    -reinstall Sound Blaster Z driver

The stranger thing is working, so I started having some problems and after reinstall stopped working...

fulvioval, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Sound Blaster Z does not work after lastest windows Update

Hi Robert,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which is the latest build installed in your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to hear sound from internal Speakers?

I suggest you toRun the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check the status.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know if Sound Blaster Z works as it should. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Has any one else had their Sound Blaster Z card just suddenly stop working? - Similar Threads - Has else Sound

2. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  3. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound just suddenly stopped working: hi my sound just stopped working randomly once i restarted my laptop. i looked on google and it said i must enable windows audio in services it was disabled and i enabled it but no sound is coming out my laptop nor my headphones i tried updating the driver. nothing is working...
  4. my sound just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Creative sound blaster z not recognised

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creative sound blaster z not recognised: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card (the audio output was "heard" by the microphone). So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  6. Creative sound blaster z not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative sound blaster z not working: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card the audio output was "heard" by the microphone. So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  7. Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear

Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear: Windows 7 64 bit Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z I been having issues with this sound card for a while. This is a strange issue. The problem is that when the issue occurs you cannot hear the audio properly. It would sound very muffled, unclear and low at the same...
  8. sound blaster z , windows 10 1903

sound blaster z , windows 10 1903: sound blaster z audio wont work with windows 10 version 1903, os-version 18362.295. installed the newest creative software driver for the audio system and i have no sound, no sound with bios audio switched on, or that the audio pci system software is installed or not...
  9. Z blaster stopped working

Z blaster stopped working: This was fine the other day but suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the device and restarted the computer and it made no difference. It says I have an MME error and nothing works but audio all around looks like it is up. I also cannot get audio from outside websites. Is...
  10. Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Sound Blaster Z - No Sound: Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working. Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and I tried to reinstall driver but since then, I have no sound. Thanks for any help 97834