Windows 10: Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

Discus and support Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Because I have. Here's what happened... I was having trouble with Outlook and, over the course of several days, was engaged with Microsoft support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffElie, Nov 25, 2021.

1. JeffElie Win User

Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

Because I have. Here's what happened... I was having trouble with Outlook and, over the course of several days, was engaged with Microsoft support technicians in a number of chat sessions. Some of those sessions included QuickAssist, which gives over control of the user's computer to the tech so they can find a remedy.It all seemed to work fine, until one tech took control of my system with my permission. But then she opened a notepad file where she continued the chat. There she asked me about my mail service provider. She told me that in order for Outlook to work I would have to request tha

:)

JeffElie, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Rohit_SG Win User

Connect to technician

Hi Lee,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community Forums.

We would be happy to assist you. However, we will not be able to connect to any technician from other support channels. If you want to contact a technician with your case number, you need to connect through the same channel (Phone/Chat) for support.

We provide technical suggestions for any queries in Windows. You can provide us the details of the issue and we’ll be glad to assist you with the troubleshooting steps which you can follow to resolve the issue.

Have a nice day!

Rohit_SG, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

1. Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician? - Similar Threads - Has anyone been

2. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!I just noticed that somebody got access to my Microsoft account. I noticed when i got a SMS on my Phone, that my number was removed from my Microsoft Account. I tried filling out the form, but this account is more than 10 years old and i have no idea what kinda contacts i...
  3. Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  4. Microsoft account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account has been hacked: Hi all,My Microsoft account has been hacked, I have receive and e-mail from Microsoft that details has been changed, but went I went in to change it it was already been changed. Cannot get any help from Microsoft as they respond only in 24 hours. In this time my whole gaming...
  5. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  6. Microsoft Account has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account has been hacked: Hi!My microsoft account got hacked and the hacker changed my microsoft account gmail. Is there a way i can get my account back?[Original Title: I need help]...
  7. Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?: Because I have. Here's what happened... I was having trouble with Outlook and, over the course of several days, was engaged with Microsoft support technicians in a number of chat sessions. Some of those sessions included QuickAssist, which gives over control of the user's...
  8. Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone been hacked by a Microsoft technician?: Because I have. Here's what happened... I was having trouble with Outlook and, over the course of several days, was engaged with Microsoft support technicians in a number of chat sessions. Some of those sessions included QuickAssist, which gives over control of the user's...
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked

Microsoft account has been hacked: My personal Microsoft account has been hacked, I have tried recovery but can't get anywhere. There is no number to call no help to be received. Has anyone experienced this? What are the options? If your Instagram gets hacked there are many reminders, but Microsoft doesn't...
  10. Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?

Has Microsoft/Edge been hacked?: While using Microsoft Edge the MSN home page refreshes and a new page automatically opens up. This has happened a number of times and I'm not sure if all of the links are the same but I have copied and pasted the latest one here:...