Windows 10: Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

Discus and support Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since fall creators update has come and I have noticed people having issues. Therefore I ask are people deciding to go back to 7 and 8.1 out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

Since fall creators update has come and I have noticed people having issues. Therefore I ask are people deciding to go back to 7 and 8.1 out of frustration?

:)

Redbatman, Oct 21, 2017

2. My laptop has suddenly decided to go to blue screen on start up. When it begins to boot the scree turns blue and message "automatic repair" is displayed.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. When you experience this type of error, you won’t be able to see things like the Start menu or the taskbar on the screen when your
    PC is turned on. Instead you might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

As of now, please refer to the link, mentioned below, to fix your issue with blue screen errors:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please also try to refer to the article, created by ZigZag3143 (Windows IT Pro) on July 26, 2013, to fix your issue with BSOD.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD):

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 21, 2017
  3. My laptop has suddenly decided to go to blue screen on start up. When it begins to boot the scree turns blue and message "automatic repair" is displayed.

<Original title: Window 10 blue screen>

My laptop has suddenly decided to go to blue screen on start up. When it begins to boot the scree turns blue and message "automatic repair" is displayed. This then disappears and it starts all over again!

How can I reboot my pc or will I have to wipe the drive?

I installed windows 10 from windows 8.1 some months ago and have had no other problems.

I cannot get to the start screen ads it just keeps returning to the automatic repair screen and message

DennisCresswell, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

Tell you the true within few months Microsoft batch those bugs i only had one problem with creators update that was Cortana not working myself not once thought i should use Windows 7 i think Windows 10 more secure and fun to use.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. IMHO, they are more likely to just go back to 1703, than going to Windows 8 or 7.

alphanumeric, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    Funny you should ask......

My main PC is fine with a clean install of FCU, more than, its pretty much faultless, however........ my 11yr old Acer laptop is struggling. This was an XP machine upgraded free to Vista and used like that for many years. A bit of license juggling and I converted both my W7 pro and W8.1 license to W10 some time ago.

The FCU has seen big problems with the Acer. Lack of driver support is a massive issue, the basic drivers included with W10 cause issues in actually installing in the first place. Once installed I have another issue. I can not shut down the PC at all. Its in a loop with a BSOD saying 'your PC ran into an issue in the non paged area' and there is a code that seems to refer to NVidia drivers (lol, no surprise there). So it reboots back to the desktop and repeat... over and over.

So I am just at the moment putting W8.1 onto the Acer and seeing how things go. The ability to turn off updates will be most welcome as well.

In all fairness I can't really blame W10, it was never intended to run on ancient hardware... but it did... although each progressive feature update has seen things get worse.

Mooly, Oct 21, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Nope, not at all. 10 does do a better job with memory management. I run a Clean install with only Office 2013 and have had no problems.

bro67, Oct 22, 2017
  8. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

I for would never go back to Windows 7 or 8.1
    Nor would I goo back to an earlier version of Windows 10

hTconeM9user, Oct 22, 2017
  9. strollin Win User
    I personally haven't encountered any issues since upgrading 3 different PCs. I would never consider going back to Win 7 or 8.1 since whenever I have to use a computer with those OSes installed it feels so clunky and dated to me. I'm happy with Win 10.

strollin, Oct 22, 2017
  10. I am sticking with it and hoping for fixes

I have a few issues, but i can work around them

paulsalter, Oct 22, 2017
  11. Though I DO have a love hate relationship with Windows 10, I will never return to any older version of Windows than version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). For most parts it works exactly as I want an OS to work. And many of the features I use does not even exist on v1703 (Creators Update) or older. *Smile

slicendice, Oct 22, 2017
  12. Intrepid1 Win User
    I'm so happy I decided to keep my business workstations on Windows 8.1 with Start8. Stable. No compatibility issues. No nonsensical upgrades every 6 months that always break something.

Intrepid1, Oct 22, 2017
  13. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

Hi,
    Can't go back to win-7 since I never left 7 *Smile
    Two different windows operating systems can live at the same time
    It's called having your cake and eating it too *Wink

I primarily use win-7 it is rock solid and has more user control
    Updates that may or may not bork a system can more easily be removed/ and hidden till eol if need be which is 2020.
    I personally haven't had any updates that borked anything in 7 knock on wood yet *Biggrin
    But it is a daily driver
    10 is a toy I use periodically mostly to benchmark new hardware once I'm done I put it back in a drawer for 3-6 months and connect win-7 again and back into business.

ThrashZone, Oct 22, 2017
  14. swarfega Win User
    I am happy with 10 and would never go backwards.

swarfega, Oct 22, 2017
  15. I agree, I did. Once you get use to Windows 10, it is a better OS, and support for 7 is ending sooner that first posted by MS.

Josey Wales, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1?

1. Has anyone decided to go back to 7 or 8.1? - Similar Threads - Has anyone decided

2. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  3. Going back to windows 7

Going back to windows 7: Hello, wondering can anyone tell me how to go back to windows 7, my laptop is 10 years old and its has updated to 10 and I want to go back, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks....
  4. Go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Go back to windows 7: After the recent update, my pc keeps freezing for no reason. I looked up for solutions but I only find that you should update your windows etc. So I did. It still runs like sh*****t and still freezes. I am really sick of this ridiculous situation because all of my work are on...
  5. Going Back To Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Back To Windows 7: I have had Windows 10 on my new PC for nearly two years and I hate it, It keeps crashing or stalling or does not what it's supposed to do or things go missing and I have to download apps to get stuff back with every update and yet again it as crashed with the last one two...
  6. Going back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going back to windows 7 or 8: Hi, upgraded to windows 10, now my disc dosent work, is ok if i go back to Windows 7 or 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-7-or-8/2d3dcfb7-1dce-4539-a460-e699c4f154c2
  7. How to go back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to go back to windows 7 or 8: My laptop has been giving me hell. My Recovery (D:), is totally full, and no matter how many times I try to make room it never seems to work. I also just got windows 10, and make the stupid mistake of resetting my pc, and now my laptop will not allow me to go back to...
  8. Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7"

Has anyone tried to revert using "Go Back To Windows 7": I installed the upgrade to W10 and I think I should have waited. Things are slow to open and lockups, frozen screens and streaming problems are happening all the time. I see there is a go back to Windows 7 option and I may take it for now, and do a clean install at a later...
  9. go back to windows 7

go back to windows 7: I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but how? I am the only account in my computer. should I make another? what if the system tell me to remove it too? this is...
  10. Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10

Went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 now want to go back to 7 and then to 10: Ok first of all this might not make much sense to many of you but here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to go back to the original windows from when I purchased my pc. I puchased a window 7 home predium pc with a 500GB hard driv eand now most of ths hard drive is...