Windows 10: Has anyone done this?

Discus and support Has anyone done this? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend. Have advised her and she has agreed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dencal, Aug 27, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

Has anyone done this?

I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend.
    Have advised her and she has agreed a new SSD will replace it, she is on holiday for another week so can do nothing now, In the meantime have been doing some thinking.

I know before installing I should disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot, set SATA Controller in Bios to AHCI, and ascertain SSD formatted UEFI.

Have opened up her laptop before she went on holiday, straightforward swopping of discs.

Have since downloaded a W10 Media Creation Tool to a DVD on my own computer expressly for another computer, which only has a very small footprint of 17,831KB, so obviously this will need an internet connection to be able to install the complete O/S.

The question I need answering is "Does the Media Creation Tool" OPEN UP ACCESS TO THE INTERNET?
    As there is no O/S system on the computer....just a blank SSD.

And if not HOW can I gain access?

:)

dencal, Aug 27, 2016

2. vodafone UK firmware v12 update has anyone done this???

yeah. i did some probing around wil the nsu and got myself the update.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&thread.id=58022

flagpole---01, Aug 27, 2016
  3. wellsaj Win User
    vodafone UK firmware v12 update has anyone done this???

Your not on your own here, I have been wasting a perfectly good evening trying to get this update which probably results in no real benefit anyway. Using NSU I just get

NO SOFTWARE UPDATES AVAILABLE FOR YOUR DEVICE and goes on to say your servive provider etc may not have approved the latest nokia firmware available.

UK Vodafone NSU version 1.7.3 product code 0585262 RM 505. 11.0.026

wellsaj, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Has anyone done this?

Editing my reply... Sry couldn't understand your question at first..
    NO it wont connect to internet..
    It may not even boot from a DVD which Just has an exe file of media creation tool on it.

Why not download whole ISO and burn it on DVD

manish9009, Aug 27, 2016
  5. Though u have given a great idea..
    It would be nice to Just Burn a 18 MB file on a DVD or a USB and install windows by just connecting your Ethernet cable.. and let ms servers do the rest of the Job.

manish9009, Aug 27, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Thanks for your response manish....have both the whole ISO plus the exe file, burnt to DVD,s.
    Will find out next week as to whether I can obtain an internet connection, perhaps lack of drivers might cause a problem.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Has anyone done this?

1. Has anyone done this? - Similar Threads - Has anyone done

2. Why has MS done this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has MS done this?: Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything...
  3. Why has MS done this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has MS done this?: Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything...
  4. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN: I just did an update this past weekend.Now as a result of the update, for every Excel file I have open and every Word doc I have open and every webpage I have open, I have a symbol for each on my Taskbar.Previously, there was one X in a blue box for Excel, one W in a blue box...
  5. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  6. What has Microsoft done?

What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  7. Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-legacy-to-uefi-without-reinstalling-windows-10I wanted to convert from legacy to uefi. My PC repair guy changed it from uefi to legacy while repairing my pc and now I want it to be uefi. Will this work? Or will my Windows crash?...
  8. Anyone ever figure how this can be done?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever figure how this can be done?: submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq06hn/anyone_ever_figure_how_this_can_be_done/
  9. Has someone else’s computer done this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Has someone else’s computer done this?: Hello everyone, my computer has recently turned off because I decided to turn it off then i try to turn it back on to see a black screen that says no signal detected has anybody else had that problem and if so if I would like to know how to fix it because it’s been a big...
  10. anyone done this on windows 10 yet

anyone done this on windows 10 yet: hi anyone installed this yet or tried it on windows 10 ​How to run the native Ubuntu desktop on Windows 10 | ZDNet 71963