Windows 10: Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10

Discus and support Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updating my spare laptop, I've found some strange things. My signature on my main laptop includes this: "Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.285". But this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10

Updating my spare laptop, I've found some strange things.

My signature on my main laptop includes this: "Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.285". But this is lower than what the August WU changed it to, viz 17134.286 so my build number was going backwards.

To add to the confusion, my spare laptop (also Win10 Home and last updated in August) showed 17134.288.

After updating, I checked for updates on both and there was a second WU on both - two on the same day; does anyone know why?

The new build number on both is 17134.2320 and let's hope that there isn't a third WU (as happened once).

Has anyone else experienced these WU build number problems in the September WUs?

:)

Taffy087, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Is anyone else having problems with their Flash since a WU a few days ago? Win10

Can I uninstall all the September WUs?

If I do, can I then "check for updates" and reinstall them?

As you can see I'm getting fed-up that somehow Flash has been disabled; of course it's a co-incidence that it came to light immediately after the last of the September WUs (KB4040724).

Alternatively does anyone think that I could re-enable Flash by using System Restore?

Taffy087, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Major problems with April WUs

I had many major problems with the April Cumulative WU, the one that was said to patch many security holes. Some of the initial problems are outlined in >this
    thread.<

Windows kept trying to install the missing WU and it took four attempts before finally installing it.

But worse was to come yesterday when I went to my back-up laptop to install WU - not only did it take a similar number of attempts to install the WU but it must have set some kind of new record because I went from v1709 16299.40 to 16299.214, then to 16299.309,
    then to 16299.371 and finally to v1803 17134.1

My initial questions are :

(1) why were all these changes installed more or less together?

(2) did any of the Insiders who test the Updates have similar problems?

(3) Some of these are referred to as a Feature Update. What does this mean and when was the term introduced please? Thank you Sumit Dhiman2 for explaining that "Service Packs and Feature updates are similar terms. Both brought/bring fixes and new
    features to the OS. Cumulative updates are just meant for fixes. The term Service pack has been replaced with Feature update in Windows 10."

And of course I now have to try to update this, my main laptop, with the WU to v1803

Taffy087, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Taffy087 Win User

Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10

Is anyone else having problems with their Flash since a WU a few days ago? Win10

Thank you Romel Ram.

The October WU dealt with

"62 vulnerabilities, with 30 of them affecting Windows.

Patches covering 28 of these vulnerabilities are labelled as Critical, and 33 can result in Remote Code Execution. According to Microsoft, a vulnerability in Microsoft Office is being actively exploited in the wild."

If I remove all four September WUs, and this week's October WU, then test my Flash (and hopefully find it's working), can I the 'Search for Updates' and install all five again?

PS The October WU did nothing to improve my IE11's inconsistent performance even though it was updated - but that's another story for another thread

I appreciate that I'll have to reinstall all of the asap."

Taffy087, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10 - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Anyone experiencing this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone experiencing this problem?: Anyone else experiencing slowdowns when closing the Windows 10 Task Manager? It takes time to close build 19045.3086. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-experiencing-this-problem/fc203f61-a423-47aa-82d1-ebc11e4bf8e7
  3. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  4. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?: Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone knows why my system has found corrupted files with sfc/ scannow on a fresh install? : r/Windows11 reddit.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-else-experiencing-this-issue/e88a0816-8426-4358-a3a0-15db14feded0
  5. Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?: Hello !Yesterday when I went to sleep and i power down my PC it installed new build 22621.1413 on 22H2. When i boot my PC everything seems laggy sound, opening folders etc etc, also i see massive performance loss.Anyone else who encountered the same problem and fixed it by...
  6. Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?

Anyone else experiencing huge loss of performance after build 22621.1413?: Hello !Yesterday when I went to sleep and i power down my PC it installed new build 22621.1413 on 22H2. When i boot my PC everything seems laggy sound, opening folders etc etc, also i see massive performance loss.Anyone else who encountered the same problem and fixed it by...
  7. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10: When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked the 'Diary Of Windows Updates' that I keep as a Word document and saw that it had also been installed yesterday. But when I...
  8. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10: When I powered up just now, there was a notification of a Windows Quality Update. I clicked on it and it installed in a second or two. I then checked the 'Diary Of Windows Updates' that I keep as a Word document and saw that it had also been installed yesterday. But when I...
  9. Is anyone else having problems with the latest WU KB4023057? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone else experienced a bug in Microsoft Photos 2020.20070.10002.0: I have folders full of photos from my game cameras. When I open a photo with Photos, there is no forward/back arrows, page up/down dont work. Sometimes it eventually starts working. Anyone else seeing this? Could it be because I have search indexer turned off? submitted by...