Windows 10: Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

Discus and support Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been prototyping an OpenVPN setup and noticed that I have been unable to connect to it unless I turn Windows Firewall off. When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elspazzz, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

I've been prototyping an OpenVPN setup and noticed that I have been unable to connect to it unless I turn Windows Firewall off.

When I open the Advanced Windows Firewall settings I can add the needed ports to the outbound connections but when I add them to inbound they disappear once I close the window. I've attempted this with two different Windows 10 PC's and I'm seeing the same behavior in both.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

submitted by /u/elspazzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elspazzz, Nov 8, 2019
  2. alan93 Win User

Firewall no longer allowing "Allowed" program on Inbound Rule

Using Windows 10 and trying to allow a program to access my computer remotely through a specified port.

This used to work by allowing it in the firewall settings and turning on both public and private firewalls.

Now I have to turn off the public firewall to allow it to access my computer remotely even though it is in the inbound rules list with :

Profile: Private, Public

Enabled: Yes

Action: Allow:

Program: [path to program]

Everything else : any

This allowing used to work but now it doesn't.

alan93, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Windows firewall: e-mail is on, yet inbound port 143 (imap) is blocked

Hi Cacadril,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computer connected to domain network?

• Which are the email accounts you are working on? Is it Outlook.com/Office Outlook/other email accounts?
    Until you get back to us with required information, I suggest you to refer to the suggestions.

Windows Firewall filters information coming into your PC from the Internet, blocking potentially harmful programs. Follow the below steps to access the interface and rules.

• Open the start menu, type firewall in the search box and select
      Windows Firewall.

• Click on Advanced settings on the left navigation pane.

• Enter the admin credentials if any dialog box prompted.

• In advanced settings panel, you may change the settings related to Inbound rules/Outbound rules/connection security rules/monitoring.
    Note: If your PC is connected to network, you might not be able to change your Windows Firewall settings because of network policies. Contact your administrator for more information.

Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Windows firewall is like a fart when you have squirty dumplings, you shouldn't really trust it.

Disable the private network firewall, if the application works fine do this.

Open a CMD prompt window with admin rights. type in "netstat" without the quotes and press enter. You should get a list of what IP and port is connecting to what port and or service. Open those ports for the application, or just allow those ports to be unfiltered.

Steevo, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

1. Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Anyone else have a memory leak issue with KB4524570?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have a memory leak issue with KB4524570?: Immediately after I updated, Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation developed a memory leak... it gradually got to 28GB of ram usage before it crashed my graphics driver... I uninstalled KB4524570 and the issue is resolved. Thanks in advance for any info. submitted by...
  3. Anyone else having issues with Windows Defender lately?

Anyone else having issues with Windows Defender lately?: [ATTACH] Current status: https://preview.redd.it/qwp2xpo69xy31.png?width=594&format=png&auto=webp&s=81a3cc3b818a2505ce9211a2b6cf690ed0ef1d12 Pressing "restart now":...
  4. Has anyone else had this problem of somehow selecting programs open behind the active window?

Has anyone else had this problem of somehow selecting programs open behind the active window?: I've got a bizarre issue on my Windows 10 PC at the moment. Something, I will be working in an active program which is set to full screen, go to click on the title bar, and somehow it selects the program that is behind the active program and makes that active. The program I...
  5. Windows Firewall - all inbound/oubound allowed but still some applications are blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall - all inbound/oubound allowed but still some applications are blocked: Hi, I have the following network setup: Network 1: computer A and B Network 2: computer B and C Computer B has two network adapters with separate subnets. All computers have the same firewall settings. - Firewall = ON - Inbound connections = Allow - Outbound...
  6. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...
  7. Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbound Firewall Rule that Blocks: Please help me understand how the 2 Inbound Rules created by MMC actually operate. Action, Enabled, Service, Program, Protocol Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, TCP Block, Yes, Any, C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe, UDP If these...
  8. Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection

Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection: Hi all, many years I use 3rd part firewall software but now I am back to Windows Firewall. When there is an inbound connection (a server that receive a connection from outside) Windows Firewall should notify and altert the user to accept (and make the rule) or decline...
  9. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160
  10. View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?: On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history when electricity went off momentarily. PC shut down. I had perhaps 5 wiindows open at the time. PC powered back with...