Windows 10: Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

Discus and support Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been prototyping an OpenVPN setup and noticed that I have been unable to connect to it unless I turn Windows Firewall off. When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elspazzz, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

I've been prototyping an OpenVPN setup and noticed that I have been unable to connect to it unless I turn Windows Firewall off.

When I open the Advanced Windows Firewall settings I can add the needed ports to the outbound connections but when I add them to inbound they disappear once I close the window. I've attempted this with two different Windows 10 PC's and I'm seeing the same behavior in both.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

submitted by /u/elspazzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elspazzz, Nov 8, 2019
  2. alan93 Win User

Firewall no longer allowing "Allowed" program on Inbound Rule

Using Windows 10 and trying to allow a program to access my computer remotely through a specified port.

This used to work by allowing it in the firewall settings and turning on both public and private firewalls.

Now I have to turn off the public firewall to allow it to access my computer remotely even though it is in the inbound rules list with :

Profile: Private, Public

Enabled: Yes

Action: Allow:

Program: [path to program]

Everything else : any

This allowing used to work but now it doesn't.

alan93, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Windows firewall: e-mail is on, yet inbound port 143 (imap) is blocked

Hi Cacadril,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computer connected to domain network?

• Which are the email accounts you are working on? Is it Outlook.com/Office Outlook/other email accounts?
    Until you get back to us with required information, I suggest you to refer to the suggestions.

Windows Firewall filters information coming into your PC from the Internet, blocking potentially harmful programs. Follow the below steps to access the interface and rules.

• Open the start menu, type firewall in the search box and select
      Windows Firewall.

• Click on Advanced settings on the left navigation pane.

• Enter the admin credentials if any dialog box prompted.

• In advanced settings panel, you may change the settings related to Inbound rules/Outbound rules/connection security rules/monitoring.
    Note: If your PC is connected to network, you might not be able to change your Windows Firewall settings because of network policies. Contact your administrator for more information.

Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Windows firewall is like a fart when you have squirty dumplings, you shouldn't really trust it.

Disable the private network firewall, if the application works fine do this.

Open a CMD prompt window with admin rights. type in "netstat" without the quotes and press enter. You should get a list of what IP and port is connecting to what port and or service. Open those ports for the application, or just allow those ports to be unfiltered.

Steevo, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall?

1. Has anyone else had issues allowing inbound ports with Windows Firewall? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  3. Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows Defender Firewall blocking an inbound port?: I have Windows 11 and am using Xfinity as my ISP. I have port forwarded Port 2346 in my router.In Defender Firewall I have set up an Inbound Rule for Port 2346 to "Allow the connection."Defender Firewall is still blocking the port. I know it is Defender Firewall because if I...
  4. Anyone else had this before?

Anyone else had this before?: so yesterday i accidentally clicked to reset my windows password. It sort of glitched out and took me back to my desktop, but started behaving weirdly when i sign out, shutdown or restart. It displays 'just a moment', before it then does a completely normal procedure of...
  5. Anyone else had this before?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anyone else had this before?: so yesterday i accidentally clicked to reset my windows password. It sort of glitched out and took me back to my desktop, but started behaving weirdly when i sign out, shutdown or restart. It displays 'just a moment', before it then does a completely normal procedure of...
  6. Anyone else had this before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  8. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10

Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  9. Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had problems with not opening taskbar icons, has anyone else had this issue?: I feel like the starting menu does not suit. When I had these issues, it was the transition from 1909 to the 2004/20h2 upgrade. When I disabled the Cortana in the Reg Editor, the issue went away. Since it wasn't just the start menu, it wouldn't open the calendar often and I...
  10. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160