Windows 10: Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome?

Discus and support Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying for months to figure out what is causing consistent blue screens on my computer. And unfortunately, I can't reinstall windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Timmy_2019_OS, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome?

I have been trying for months to figure out what is causing consistent blue screens on my computer.

And unfortunately, I can't reinstall windows because I have software that I won't be able to get back if I do that. So I have been literally testing out the removal of one program at a time and monitoring the dump files to see if the error code changes or there's more info.

I have several different types of security software on my computer including a firewall, spyware monitor, process monitor and virus scanner. Each of these programs do not conflict as far as I could tell and I've had them since before the blue screen issues started. They got worse after recent windows updates but I'm pretty certain its not a windows update issue.

Recently, I noticed Google Chrome attempting to execute root executable commands during it's own update process. I have updates turned off, but it seemed that Google's options to disable updates doesn't work and it runs anyway, even with the program off. Rather than allowing Google software to operate on it's own I have a notification that tells me when the program is attempting to make changes so i can stop it, allow it or quarantine it. Because Chrome frequently runs itself when not in use, I had no choice but to quarantine the Google update file. Now every time google chrome attempts to run the update file(that I quarantined), my computer crashes with blue screen.

I still had chrome until today where chrome attempted to modify some system files itself this time and it was quarantined by my anti-malware. Now the blue screen of death stopped. So it appears the BSOD issue was directly related to Google Chrome and it's system file modifications that my anti-malware was preventing.

I'm wondering, has anyone else been having this problem with Google Software, particularly google chrome in causing windows blue screen of death crashing issues?

:)

Timmy_2019_OS, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome?

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome?

1. Has anyone else noticed BSOD - Blue Screen caused by Google Chrome? - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else’s computer bricked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone else’s computer bricked?: I downloaded the latest update last night and it totally fucked up my computer. I have the “Reboot and select proper boot device” message after I guess the OS just shit the bed. I can only enter UEFI bios. Setting correct boot order does nothing and I have no Windows disc to...
  3. Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?

Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luigiatreddit2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ppf5xm/did_anyone_else_noticed_this_in_news_interest/
  4. [Support] Anyone else having new issues with Google Chrome?

[Support] Anyone else having new issues with Google Chrome?: Hey guys... so recently I have not been able to launch Google Chrome. I uninstalled it, but before that I had to go into command prompt and manually terminate all chrome.exe functions because Task Manager could not end those tasks. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and still...
  5. Anyone else noticed last accessed time of files are incorrect?

Anyone else noticed last accessed time of files are incorrect?: Anyone else also have the issue where when you right click a file, it changes the last accessed time of the file itself? submitted by /u/killerofpain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktguwk/anyone_else_noticed_last_accessed_time_of_files/
  6. Anyone else have this issue with chrome?

Anyone else have this issue with chrome?: submitted by /u/KingJeremyVII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrfe8x/anyone_else_have_this_issue_with_chrome/
  7. Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?: I've been using TeamViewer (TV) since v4. At the time I convinced my IT management to license it for us to use against more than 6,000 corporate desktops. Fast forward to now... many, many years on and I'm now retired. I've still been using TeamViewer with just family and...
  8. Google Chrome causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome causing BSOD: I was getting BSOD when using Google Chrome to watch youtube clips. It was happening rather frequently, but somewhat randomly. Meaning: sometimes I could watch for 30 minutes straight without problem, other times it would BSOD after 5 minutes. After the computer rebooted it...
  9. Is anyone else having Blue Screen of Death issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is anyone else having Blue Screen of Death issues: I have a almost brand new Lenonvo ideapad 320S-14IKB laptop running factory installed Windows 10. Since having it I have suffered random BSOD issues whereby it just freezes and shuts down. This seems to be an issue mostly after initial boot-up or coming out of sleep....
  10. Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated: At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. [img] [img] 22102

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hAS anyone noticed any blue scrrens since patching Oct 2019 updates?